Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This may not be news to you but not only are Ladder roads affected and Turnpike Lane but the whole of Hornsey Park road is blocked from the junction to Mayes road and beyond. So i turned around and went through Ally Pally to get to Hornsey and the whole of High Street and Priory Road to bottom of Muswell Hill is at a standstill. God knows what rush hour will be like each day and once kids back at school.

That's my rant for the day over.

Tags for Forum Posts: traffic, wightman bridge, wightman bridge closure

Views: 14535

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Nobody should be "driving their kids to school"....they should be walking....and if you live in Hackney and you need to get to the N Circ, are you supposed to just float over Green Lanes to get there...people are being forced up Green Lanes and then told "local roads for local people"...
I agree about the kids but sometimes it impractical to walk the kids to school, especially if you have more than one at different schools. As far as "floating over GL" Pretty much yes. You have the A1 (great north road) or the A10 to access the north circular. There is no need to go via GL from Hackney. It's been a short cut for to long.
Do you actually have kids?

All those things can be done on foot no? "e.g. Driving the kids to school, going to the supermarket, church, mosque etc"

People using cars for just such expeditions are as much part of the problem as rat-runners.

Sigh.

I'm defending Nicole too. It is her parental right to choose where her children go to school and if that isn't local it is none of our business. She is also free to post her views on this site without receiving criticism. Let's all practice empathy and good manners!!

Absolutely agree. I take my daughter to nursery in Stoke Newington. Lahdy-dah yummy pushy parent I hear you cry - you may be right but there were no spaces for 1 years olds in any Harringay nurserys when we looked so lets not judge people. Its a city people need to travel but with limited space and an increasing population in London driving is not the answer.

Of course she has the right to choose where she sends her child to. But if that choice involves going through an area that she KNOWS is " massively congested " and a " Black spot " at the best of times she can hardly expect sympathy from us.

Remember, my initial question was "are there no nurseries in South Tottenham ? " which she has not answered.

Maybe, but it's her choice, right? She doesn't have to answer these questions. And I don't know her but I sympathise, juggling infants, work and just life is complicated!!

Yes. But if you choose to send your children out of the area you must surely expect that your journey will be long and sometimes arduous.
It's just a couple of miles away...that's still local in my book...and options are very limited when it comes to childcare

Yes, I agree but this traffic situation is extraordinary.

People like to travel a long way so that their children are not in school or nursery with their neighbour's children. Effectively, that's what it's all about. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service