Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Given that we have both a housing and cost of living crisis (and further that Haringey is an unaffordable area to anyone on average or local authority wages) it seems mad to me that a scheme to provide 46 Council homes 'soon' has been stopped half built for half a year. The reinforced concrete framework went up last year plus a few bits of insulation and brickwork but since then nothing. This is a scheme between Haringey Council and the Paul Simon Magic group but perhaps the magic has gone. Does anyone know why?

Views: 3795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sabrina, no, I have not written to the council as I have no wish to receive the usual blandishments. The problem is quite clearly that private developers will not give priority to schemes that don't make them fast easy money and the council don't have the wit to put penalty clauses into deals with developers.

However, I have written to David Lammy MP and Angela Rayner, housing minister, and copied in councillor Sarah Williams who is supposedly in charge of Haringey housing. Doubtless they will offer the usual or maybe some unusual blandishments but at least I've push it up the food chain

Have been told by the council that the work on Cornwall Road has stopped because the contractor went bust. Asked what the plan was to finish the work and didn’t get a proper answer, doesn’t appear to be any contract management in place. They promised to send out a newsletter to local residents with further updates about current events and completion timelines twice, but nothing has appeared in the last months.

If you like, you could ask again through a FOI. That way they must reply properly 

Ha.

That way they should reply properly.

The reality is sadly different.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service