Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It came up in conversation last night, I could only guess it may have something to do with east west transport for London.

Views: 7124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I read something about that when I came across the Harringay Rate Payers Association on HoL, Harringay has a long campaigning history since it's urbanisation.

Thank you for posting the picture of the number 233 'Regent Three' bus. I have been looking for a photo of one for years. As a child in the early sixties I would travel on one to school. I boarded at the stop in White Hart Lane adjacent to the Haringey Fc ground and journeyed to Wood Green underground station (my school was St.Michaels in Bounds Green Rd). I still have vivid memories of waiting ages in the winter for the 233, which would loom out of the freezing fog with the headlights looking like candles. Sometimes on the way home I would see the film crews at the Eastern National bus garage in Lordship Lane filming 'on The Buses'. Later on, I would take the dreadful long single deck W3 bus all the way over Ally Pally to my secondary school in Hornsey. They really struggled up that hill. Talking of White Hart Lane, opposite the Haringey Fc ground, does anyone remember the Jubly factory?

By coincidence, today's blog post by the ever-estimable Diamond Geezer is his experience of riding the W3, as the 'W' selection from 'one-each-per-letter' of the lettered London routes.

Link here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service