Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

WPRA have received a notice (attached) about proposed changes to the road layout around West Green Common.  I don't know where these proposals have come from - perhaps they were talked about in the old West Green/Bruce Grove area assemblies.

For those who live this way, it's worth a look as they are playing around with the bus stops - no interchange stop between the eastbound 41 and 341 for example - and they are proposing to move the pedestrian crossing that links the cycle route out of Downhills Park, amongst other changes.

There is an exhibition (14.00 - 18.30) and meeting (18.30 - 20.00) this Saturday at Park View School.

I'll have a go at getting there - maybe see some of you there.

Geoff

Views: 796

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" ... will be finishing the shared surface singing and additions by the end of September ..."

'maybe allow a few days for a late finish?

Further to earlier comments, I've noticed (as a regular bus user who often changes between the 41 and 341 services at West Green) that both the eastbound and westbound bus stops allow that interchange, which is a modification to the original plan, which is very welcome. From what I've observed, the scheme seems to be working quite well. What are the experiences of other users?

News from Haringey Cyclists:

The walkabout will be next Tuesday morning, 4th December at 9.15am. Cllr Mallett will be attending. I've taken the day off work so I'll be there.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I can't do next Tuesday, but have popped a note round on the WPRA email group to see if anyone alse can make it.

Geoff

Wanted to say that while its great that the common is no longer a traffic island, the removal of the crossing between Clinton Road and the end of midnight alley is dire, especially for cyclists on what is a well used cycle route.

It is particularly bad when heading northwards as the old railway bridge parapet and buses at the new bus stop mean that as you come to the top of Clinton Road to cross to midnight alley (Downhills Park) you can't see what traffic is coming from your right. 

Lots of people objected to the removal of the crossing at the time this was planned.  In response, the Council said they had to remove it but that they would move the remaining crossing (near Black Boy Lane) closer to the cycle route so that bikes could use it.  As yet the promised cycle lanes on the pavement haven't happened and the huge planters on the pavement outside the school make things worse as they block cyclists trying to stay away from pedestrians.  Would like to go to the meeting to discuss solutions but sadly I can't make it due to work.  Please keep us posted.

Haringey Cyclists are planning a walkabout on Monday morning to 'caucus' for Tuesday, maybe folks who cannot make Tuesday might be free on Monday (I know; it's not ideal during work hours).

I'm willing to meet anyone tomorrow, Sunday, for an informal walkabout & to relay your concerns to the powers that be on Tuesday.

If so I'd prefer either the beginning (9ish) or the end (5ish) of the day as I'm doing DIY. Just post here & I'll keep an eye on the page.

Gerry

Helen has replied so I'll be on the triangle at 9am Sunday morning. All welcome, we can look at all issues.

Gerry

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service