Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was mildly amused to discover a Labour leaflet on my doorstep proclaming the success of installing the camera on Wightman Road to catch HGV drivers flouting the ban.

I think we know on HoL where the credit truly lies. Well done Karen, and thank you for your perseverance on this matter.

Tags for Forum Posts: HGV

Views: 965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Karen, thanks for keeping the pressure up on this. Credit where it is due!

In 2010 when Fairland Park was given Green Flag status, after the hard work of the friends group, Matt Burge put a post up on HoL congratulating them for the results of their hard work. Que a flurry of activity from Gina Adamou and Claire Kober in calls to Hugh to have it taken down (I took a screen shot) so that the Labour Group could take credit for it, just before the 2010 election. Shameless.

Can you please post online what you have, John, so we can all judge for ourselves.  If not on HoL, then somewhere free and easily accessible.

Sunshine and fresh air are currently one of the few means we have to try cleaning-out the diseased political regime running our council. (Aside from simply voting for the tiny handful of decent candidates on 22 May.)

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

I haven't noticed the camera. Where is it ?

John, it is located high on a lamp post near Sydney Road. It's very small so not surprised you haven't noticed it. I am continuing to liaise with the council about the location, signage and asking for regular updates about how many HGVs it is catching breaching the weight limit ban and how many successful fines have been collected. Hopefully as word gets out Wightman Road will cease to be a desirable route for these big lorries.

Thanks Karen.

While you're talking to the Council you could mention the 7.5 T signs on Turnpike Lane just after the railway bridge ( coming eastwards between the Bridge and Wightman ) which are facing the wrong way, with their backs to the oncoming traffic.

And the sign at the entrance to Frobisher from Green Lanes which has been removed. Previous HoL posts have suggested its the truck people that fiddle with the signs so they can wriggle out of tickets, maybe we need an audit of the signs at all the entrances to make sure they're there correctly.

Good spot John. It's quite important that those signs are realigned, as I imagine any fines as a result of the camera might be invalidated where HGV's are travelling east on Turnpike Lane.

Karen, does this camera detect HGV drivers travelling in both directions?

I noticed it this morning, as you say it's quite high up the lamp post. I didn't notice any signage to alert HGV drivers though. As you say, we need as much signage as possible to get the message across.

Karen, can you confirm my previous question; whether the HGV camera takes pictures of HGV's travelling in both directions on Wightman Road?

Is a camera being installed at the southern end of Wightman Road? HGV's are still using Falkland Road and turning left down Wightman Road. If there's no camera on that end, then there are going to be many HGV's using the Ladder as a rat run without detection (perhaps the HGV's are using Falkland Road to avoid the camera at the Wightman/Turnpike Lane junction?).

Also, can you confirm whether any of Haringey's Ontime Parking Services vehicles have received any fines for using Wightman Road? They continue to use Falkland and other Ladder roads as a rat run.

Nick, I have asked the council to confirm whether the camera takes pictures in both directions.  I await their response.

There are no plans at this stage for a camera at the southern end of the ladder though I agree with you that it would be desirable.  It is something I will be asking the council to look at.

There have been some technical issues with the camera and the council's IT service so I think the fines are being issued manually via the camera car at the moment - I have asked for numbers, again I await this information.

Just a reminder Karen - the 7.5T warning signs on Turnpike coming from Crouch End are facing the wrong way. And I don't think there are any signs for traffic coming from the East

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service