Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello! So I have lots of visitors permits due to this years pandemic and no one coming to visit us.. I have only noticed that there is no 2021 year to scratch off- will Haringey council give people some leeway as surely no one has been able to use many visitors permits In 2020?

I was thinking I could just clearly write the year 2021 on the tickets?

Is there someone from the council that could advise? I have been trying to contact Haringey council about this but have not heard back.

Tags for Forum Posts: parking, parking permits, visitor parking permits, visitor parking permits expiry

Views: 4154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello- no have not heard about what to do now about the permits I have left. I am going to return for an exchange- so maybe will get the online credit if permits have moved online now? Am unsure. 

Thanks, I will do the same, we should at least get a refund. Not sure about credits to new online permits that will be too complicated for the council to do.... especially when their system is not even working properly. I tried purchasing some on Friday and today the system said:

Unfortunately, the Haringey Online Payment System cannot be used at present. This may be because the site is offline for daily maintenance (usually between 11pm and 11:59pm) or because you clicked ‘refuse’ on the cookies banner (cookies need to be accepted for the site to work I am afraid). If neither of these, then the site must be experiencing technical difficulties – in which case please try again in a few hours. If the problem persists then please contact us through www.haringey.gov.uk/contact-form with more details (such as the time you experienced the problem, and which browser and device you were using). Many thanks.

I have checked the cookies to make sure that it is accepted, no joy:~) I resorted to borough some from a neighbour which I need to somehow payback, not sure yet how though. In the meantime, the traffic wardens are not stopping to see if you have tried to buy permits. If we did not have enough isolation with the covid, now one can have visitors either.

One general trick with cookie or other website problems is to try on another browser - Firefox, Chrome etc

Thanks I will try that 

Hi Aeryn P

Sorry for resurrecting this thread again. I just thought I give an update. Encouraged by this thread and after reading a post on the next-door app, about someone that got the 2020 permits exchange, I went to Wood Green library and had a go. I was told NO, as usual, referring to the T&C. So I am just wondering where do we legally stand?  What arbitration criteria do they use, in other to allow some people to get them exchanged or refunded and for some to be refused? should we all have the same rights and be treated the same? I know that this has been dealt with on previous threads but I am wondering if anything has changed and if making a collected complaint would make a difference? 

Thanks

Hi Miriam, 

My request was rejected also, and I have about £100 of unused permits. I have been told by wood green Shriner services that there was a letter announcing that exchanges were available until 1st august this year and after that 2020 permit exchange or refund will be refused. I do think it’s unfair as I was not informed of this deadline. The only dates I knew about was the extension until June 2021 and no information for what happens after. I don’t know how to proceed. I think it’s unfair there’s a deadline to exchanges when not all residents were informed. Also how do they expect us to have so many visitors during a pandemic? Customer services said the only thing I can do is write a formal complaint. I will if there are a few people in the same boat? Let me know Haringey. 

Yes exactly! I was not aware of the deadline. They did not publish it anywhere, as far as I am aware, totally unfair. They also mentioned that the permits lasted 5 years. I bought them in November 2017 with an expiration date of Dec 2020 that is not 5 years and we have an entire year of not be able to use them really. Happy to do a joint complaint.     

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service