Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hi there

Is there anybody else who currently suffers with Virgin Media broadband issues?

I mean people living on N4 or N8 areas.

Marek

Tags for Forum Posts: broadband, virgin media

Views: 1634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eh? Sorry, don't understand.

I see now, maybe tonight around 8pm we will be back into full condition

Hugh, This may interest you. I read in Guardian money page that ALL service providers are obliged by law to supply ONLY ten per cent of their customers with the PROMISED package deal such as 'Up to 50mbps' or 'unlimited'. In no other area of business would companies be allowed to get away with only supplying 10% of their customers with that promised in the promotions we see on the side of buses etc.

I've had issues of late, and have twice lost internet, and once the on demand too. I know you can be compensated for loss of service so I emailed Virgin to make sure this will occur without my having to call and wade through their throaty options list.

No feedback as yet. I guess I have to call them to make sure this will happen. This is the sort of thing I think OFCOM have a role in driving. Customers who lose service should be compensated for this loss of service whether they complain or not. If Virgin (or any other provider) knows there is a problem with any service in (say) the N4 area, everyone in the N4 area should be compensated (if only by the amount they would have paid for the service they have not received).

Anyone ever tested this idea with OFCOM  at all?

Seems to be no improvement with Virgin this evening. Eg, after the 8pm fixing time suggested. Very annoying.

It looks like that the improvement happened and coming back to normal performance

Anybody else noticed the difference?

It's okay for now. I'm clocking 75/12.

Spoke too soon!! I've had no connection since late morning. Grrr!!

Hugh did you see my comment above ? what do you think ?

You're right it seems odd. However, as things are, there is a market operating and we do all have a choice and on current form, it'll be one that I'll be exercising soon (it's just that 152MB would be nice if it would only be more reliable).

Hugh. The point is that YOU cannot gaurantee that you will get the service promised as the provider is only obliged to deliver to one in ten customers. Take this into account and there is no big suprise that 90% of ALL of us that use broadband scratch our heads wondering why the service is so bad ?  ? ?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service