Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Urgent: Local dog- walker(s) appears to have bitten off more than they can chew - do you recognise these dogs?

Just how many dogs can be safely walked by one person at a time?

Some dog walkers seem to have no upper limit-- I have spotted one with twelve hounds!

Six months ago, I found a little terrier in Downhills Park, Tottenham, shaking and distressed. His dog-walker had so many dogs, she hadn't even noticed he was missing. Foul abuse  from her was all I received for reuniting them.

Only today I was shocked to see two groups of dogs - possibly from the same Canine cohort - tied to the railings at the entrance of Downhills Park (Downhills Park/Keston Road, N17) with not a soul in sight.  The dogs looked thoroughly distressed.  Do the owners of these dogs even know how poorly cared-for their pets are? 

As a responsible dog-walker, who is both insured and never walks more than 2 dogs at a time, I can only conclude that many others are are motivated purely by greed, and not by a love of animals, with some owners paying up to £20 per hour.

Please forward to anyone you know in the Tottenham and wider Haringey area who owns a dog(s).

Tags for Forum Posts: Act, Dog-Walking, Dogs, Downhills, Haringey, Info, N17, Park, Tottenham, Urgent

Views: 4529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope.

Astonishing. I have been denied membership of it too. The Tottenham doggy-walkers'answer to the Freemasons? :)

It's all very odd, Jonathan is either being needlessly paranoid and doesn't understand the concept of "unsubstantiated allegation" or because you didn't actually identify the dog walker he might have recognised the person by their behaviour or by the dogs in the photos, and possibly knows them or is under pressure from said person to stop the information circulating.

As I said, it was impossible to identify the dog walker (s) as there wasn't one in sight:(

Here the full story: I do a bit of dog-walking. Two dogs are my limit - pure, personal, preference on my part. Yesterday (Weds), I was walking my own doggy (Dexter, a Labrador puppy) and Roxy, another, older, dog.

We walked through the Rec and Downhills Pk, turned left into Phillip Lane and left again into Downhills Park Rd. When we walked past Downhills -- where it meets Keston Road - I, and another bloke with a dog, noticed all these dogs chained up and barking. Yes, they DID sound distressed. We looked at each other, and he simply asked/commented, "It isn't right, is it?". I don't know his name however he is a regular dog walker (if need be, I could ask for his details when I next see him out if more 'evidence' other than the pics is needed). There wasn't a single person in sight other than the man with the dogs in the distance (I have no idea if they were his dogs or he is a fellow walker?).

As I didn't see anyone, I can't identify the walker(s). Banning people from a public group for helping to highlight this sorry experience? Jeez...

Even with my own dog, I would never tie him up --anywhere. When we walk other people's dogs, we have even more reason to take good care of them.

Hope this helps?

it seems iffy to invent a reason (which isn't even true) for banning someone from a group just because you don't like a post they made highlighting a discussion in another group! I didn't even know that Jonathan was the admin of Downhills Dogs until he banned me! All seems very odd to me.

Hardly an unsubstantiated claim as well! The person posted lots of legitimate pictures.

I don't know, seems like Jonathan is taking it personally though!

I just hope people who own the dogs see this and ask questions, because if it were my dog that I was paying someone to look after I would want to know. Perhaps Jonathan would like to explain his position?

Does sound like someone was negligent.

OK folks, there are clearly some hurt feelings here, but please can we avoid making unfounded personal insinuations about what lies behind this. To this end two comments have had small sections deleted to bring them in line with HoL policy. 

To be clear, not mine.

this got weird

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service