Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Urgent: Local dog- walker(s) appears to have bitten off more than they can chew - do you recognise these dogs?

Just how many dogs can be safely walked by one person at a time?

Some dog walkers seem to have no upper limit-- I have spotted one with twelve hounds!

Six months ago, I found a little terrier in Downhills Park, Tottenham, shaking and distressed. His dog-walker had so many dogs, she hadn't even noticed he was missing. Foul abuse  from her was all I received for reuniting them.

Only today I was shocked to see two groups of dogs - possibly from the same Canine cohort - tied to the railings at the entrance of Downhills Park (Downhills Park/Keston Road, N17) with not a soul in sight.  The dogs looked thoroughly distressed.  Do the owners of these dogs even know how poorly cared-for their pets are? 

As a responsible dog-walker, who is both insured and never walks more than 2 dogs at a time, I can only conclude that many others are are motivated purely by greed, and not by a love of animals, with some owners paying up to £20 per hour.

Please forward to anyone you know in the Tottenham and wider Haringey area who owns a dog(s).

Tags for Forum Posts: Act, Dog-Walking, Dogs, Downhills, Haringey, Info, N17, Park, Tottenham, Urgent

Views: 4529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please take this down.
It was not me who took or posted the screen grab it was the Harringayonline site admin, so why have I been blocked from Downhills Dogs Facebook? I was in fact the one who asked for the screengrabs to be taken down. I did not make any unsubstantiated attack or accuse anyone of anything I merely posted a link to this discussion because I felt that owners should be aware. Don't you remember back in the summer my friend found a dog in the middle of traffic on the A10 and I reunited it with the owner through the group? Such a shame that you feel the need to ban me, and it makes me wonder why you would want to stifle a discussion that has clearly highlighted a practice that is alarming a lot of people.

Good grief, what a to-do!.

Screen grab has been taken down. It's not clear why the group was so vexed by it however since the group very clearly states that it's a public one.

Everything on HoL is public and all HoL members would be well advised not to post anything they didn't want to be available to the whole world, The same note of caution applies to any public Facebook group. 

Please also let it be noted that I did not make an attack on a member of Downhills Dogs because I do not know who the dog walker is or that they were a member of the Facebook group, how could I?
Ach! Now my kebab comment is redundant. I demand you repost the screen grab!
You say I've been banned from Downhills Dogs for posting the screenshots, but that was not me! It was Harringayonline admin. Are you going to unban me from Downhills Dogs Jonathan?

Apologies for thinking you posted the screen shot. That wasn't you. Sorry to make that mistake. That fact has been made clear on an updated post on the DD site and I understand the screen grab in question has been taken down. However, you did  quote verbatim a post from that thread, without permission from the poster, and in an unpleasant manner. This is pretty much the same thing in the view of the admin. Downhills Dogs admin maintains that the original post was unsubstantiated, was inappropriate for the FB page and therefore had to be removed.  (No, I am not one of the dog walkers btw)

The person made the comment under their own name and photograph on a public Facebook page so I did not need to get their their permission to quote them without identifying them. Their comment stated that the original poster Justin was hiding in bushes taking photographs next to infant schools (which he wasn't doing) and we all know what they were insInuating, don't we? This person said that Justin was making unsubstantiated posts about the dog walker, yet was fine with accusing him of sinister behaviour.

That is no reason to ban me from the Downhills Dogs Facebook group. My aim in sharing this post on Downhills Dogs was always to make owners aware so that they can make up their own minds. Why you would want to censor that is baffling when clearly the original poster has only dog welfare in mind and has not actually identified the dog walker (he couldn't even if he wanted to - they weren't anywhere to be seen) or anybody else. The discussions here and on Downhills Dogs have only served to make more people aware of what is going on, so hopefully the dog walker in question will start behaving responsibly.

Personally, if I ever witness such an occurrence either in Downhills Park or anywhere else, I would take photographs and report to the RSPCA. Whether or not anyone else wants to do that is up to them.

Banning people from public discussion for having different opinions to yourself is not cool by the way. And it makes people wonder what you are hiding.

If you are still baffled then there is clearly nothing more to say on the matter.

So you're not going to unban me from Downhills Dogs? Even though I didn't post a screenshot and I didn't identify the person that I quoted (even though they identified themselves by making the accusation on a public Facebook group that could be seen by the whole world and under their own name and photograph) just because you didn't agree with me posting a link to a public discussion about unsavoury practises concerning dogwalking in Downhills Park, even though I only posted the link and did not accuse anyone of anything merely said that I thought dog owners should be aware so that they could make up their own minds???

The fact remains that this discussion is one of the first things that pops up when you google Dogwalker Downhills Park means that anyone thinking of employing a dog walker in Downhills will now be furnished with the information that you are deliberately attempting to suppress, so banning me from Downhills Dogs hasn't really achieved anything other than making you look like an unreasonable person with possibly something to hide.

There is a picture of an elderly woman, who just happens to be a neighbour, in one of the pics surrounded by dogs. I wonder if they asked for her permission to take and use it on social media? 

Have they?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service