Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

There's an item on this week's planning list ref HGY/2017/0821, viz:

The submission of reserved matters namely a) Scale b) Layout c) Landscape and d) Appearance for Building C7 comprising a total of 104 residential homes; and 337m2 (GEA) of commercial floorspace.

I think, on a very quick skim read, that it's the detailed plan for the first block to be built, that they will then submit such for each building as they go along. 

It may be worth some of you having a look to check what they are up to, I can only cope with one mega development at a time.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

Tags for Forum Posts: Heartlands, gasworks, planning

Views: 1178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...especially if you are inside the building, n'est-ce pas?

I think I want to throw up!!!
A poem????
Remember, each new flat is a possible new income stream for haringey, forever.

As long as the new social housing tenants don't exercise their right-to-buy, a right I suspect they are destined to sign away in exchange for tenure in one of the new flats.

Social housing?  In Haringey?  You're having a laugh.

Hideous.

Watch out for them coming back with the need for amended plans, just a couple more floors each to meet some new urgent criterion.

I just spent my lunch hour outside the google offices in kings cross and it was rather

pleasant ...

It really depends on how much added infrastructure there is to enjoy the public spaces, that's what i would be worrying about, not much it seems at present.  The fountains here together with lawns made it feel really relaxing.

Yes it's a really nice part of the world. That whole part of London has really transformed, every time I come back from the dump that is Gare Du Nord it feels like one is back in the first world.I remember seeing that they are also converting some of the gas holder sites into residential buildings, retaining the gas holder structure as a kind of an exoskeleton. Very cool but probably not quite large enough for the housing requirements of the borough.
I doubt you'll get much infrastructure. The council don't want lawns, flower beds or fountains that will require them to actually pay for additional services or employ anyone else.
Park staff have already been cut to the bone. These days it's more like - this is the money you've got - how many years can you leave the grass before small children get lost in it.
Does mean you won't see the dog do, beer cans, vodka bottles and fag packets tho.
So you never know, it could be a Win win. They can save on cleaning.
If you want more and hence more affordable housing within the green belt, well that's what you get. Simples.
Brexit boo,

Immigration yay,

protect the countryside yay;

haringey building more homes for people on land which is under populated - boo

WTF ?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service