Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Can I pass on this idea - thanks to the Flickr pages of HoL member Kake Pugh.

The online group Unclutter2009 has the aim of:
"Relieving ourselves of a thing a day, every day".

Though there's a bit of flexibility.
"You can get rid of thirty things on one day and then lie back for a month, or you can fall behind and make up with a mass cull later on".

Recycle and Freecycle, of course!

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the link Alan.. It spurred me into thinking... What to do with that draw full (a deep one too) of ballpoint pens and pencils .. some decades old... that I never use.. ? Am I brave enough to chuck them out?

Kids... that's the answer.. someone with kids will be able to use them.. won't they?
Oh yes, I love this idea. Mr E lives his life by the declutter principle. We'd have only one of everything if he had his way. my daughter on the other hand hoards everything. I'm somewhere in the middle hanging onto stupid stuff, just in case.
Wonder if they can keep it up all year? wonder if I can bear to open certain cupboards and get started?
Brill, what a good idea.

I'm a bit of a binger when it comes to this - behave not so well most of the time and then have a furious clean out and feel just marvellous. It always amazes me how good it feels when you've sorted out some nightmare of a cupboard that you previously had to use force to shut.
Raising this Alan has motivated me to sort out old Christmas decorations and send ones we no longer use to the Charity Shop and sort out our wardrobes and chest of draws. Thanks for the push to get a bit more minimal in 2009!
Mr E was an 'unbeliever' but after 4 bags of old clothes hoarded for no reason as they were not up to going to the charity shop were thrown in the bin, my daughter's drawers and wardrobes cleared of clothes she has grown out of (btw remove nice buttons from any clothes you are going to chuck, people who make stuff like my mum appreciate them as she says buttons are v expensive) and various odds put into the charity shop bag, I think he truly believes I have converted.
Hallelujah and pass the bin!
Thanks for the top tip Liz. I didn't think about removing buttons and embellishments before recycling old, old clothes - great idea.

4 bags eh? I'm impressed. Nige now has more clothes than me and seems very reluctant to part with quite a few "classic" t-shirts. I'm just hoping he'll read this thread and see the light! I'll let you know how we get on, on Twitter - http://twitter.com/HallAnnie
My sister used to collect buttons as a kid.. In fact I still have tin full of 40s - 60s buttons that I inherited from my mum. They used to recycle them in those days..
Oh yes, button tins. Those buttons might be worth something to a collector Steve, if you could bear to part with them.

The older members of my family still have them. We liked to play with them as kids. I also remember boxes full of bits of old lace and material, but then it was cheap to make clothes for your kids (most of the pics of me up until the age of about 7, I seem to wearing clothes made by the ladies of my family).

In these days of cheap clothes, even my talented Mum says its not worth making things as the materials cost so much. She still knits beautiful little hooded jackets when she can be bothered but won't do one for me despite my entreaties as she says I'm too big :(

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service