Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The Hale works Tower, centerpiece of the development off Ferry Lane in Tottenham, was originally planned for 18 stories. It is now to be 32 stories high.

This may just be one of the new tall buildings that will soon be dotting the centre and the east of the borough.

Haringey Tall buildings plan shows towers mainly concentrated in Wood Green, New River and Tottenham.

Some of these buildings will no doubt be a welcome development, but residents will do well to continue to play a part in monitoring what's going on.

As we know from the Hampden Road development, for whatever reason, Haringey sometimes fly in the face of their own policies and approve tall buildings wherever they see fit. (Although, having said that, whilst the Hampden Road development WAS approved in contravention of Haringey's own policy, I have to admit, that having seen it built, I can't say I object to it).

Tags for Forum Posts: tall buildings

Views: 1937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being a cynical old sod I can't see that happening, we have no more doctors and precious few teachers. 

Ironically, developers always seem to mention NHS use to sell a project - Hawes and Curtis site and originally at the Queens head redevelopment. But I've yet to see any evidence that the NHS has actually signed a lease anywhere.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service