Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When Tesco applied to take over an old stale shop in a local parade of shops, lots of local Lefties, Liberals and Greens opposed their arrival into the community. They complained Tesco was too capitalist and too close to the Conservative Party. 

Years later, my two photos show how successful this small store is thanks to demand from happy customers and the installation of a cash point.

Two large trucks arrive each day. This busy branch of Tesco has created lots of jobs with ethnic minorities winning most of the posts. 

Though I don't like the slogan on their truck "Getting pickles to Cheddar".

It's too cheesy for me. 

Tags for Forum Posts: busy, local, opposition, parking., politics, shop, store, success, tesco, trucks

Views: 1424

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually whilst we are promoting grocery shops. I would really like to plug LIDL finsbury park. My all time favourite shop. Excellent prices, quick efficient  queuing. Social distancing made easy, NHS get let in. In and out 10-15mins max

I would have liked to post a picture of it as well, but unfortunately I didnt think to stop to take one when I was last there. In too much of a rush, to get home and eat my yummy food

Lol

Personally, I like how I can collect my sustainable fish from Soleshare at Harringay Local Store. And possibly pop some beer in my shopping basket as well, and some of that elusive bread flour that has been so hard to get hold of during lockdown.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service