Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm all for using Finsbury Park to make revenue for the Parks service and  hope Newroz was a good laugh for one and all. However, Haringey seem to taking the piss at moment. Walking through the park I was saddened by the amount of litter strewn all over the place.  I walked from the Endymion Road pedestrian entrance to the railway footbridge just behind the basketball courts. There was rubbish everywhere. And guess how many litter pickers LB Haringey had supplied? One! Yup, just the one.  That's all I saw, one solitary litter picker. He was doing a great job mind. But just one?  There were two street cleaning vehicles parked and not running though. Perhaps the drivers were having a break.

The poor guy was well lout of his depth with all the crap to clear on his own. No matter how hard the litter picker works I have absolutely zero faith in the rubbish being completely cleaned up. I kind of want to pop back down there, fill  a few bin bags and dump them in Lord Kobermorts front garden.

Anyhow it begs the questions. WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING??????? 

Over to you councillors............... tick tock tick tock tock tick tock...........

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park

Views: 1229

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Surely the organisers of the event should be responsible fo the clean up.

I would have assumed the cost of clearing up will be included in the hire cost. Thus Haringey clean up. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.
When I went past today it was pretty clean. But there was still fair bit if rubbish from the festival scattered around the park. Nevertheless they did a pretty decent job. One would hope that the money they make will be spent on park keepers....
I take it all back. Walking through today there was crap everywhere. So WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING???

Don't they have litter bins?  Sorry to sound dumb about this but I live overseas in a place where there's one litter bin every few yards -- not that everyone uses them though.

I was very puzzled (and a little annoyed) that parking mayhem seemed to have returned to pre-CPZ days.  The "match and event rules apply" signs were clearly visible at the end of our road ((Lancaster Road, 2 round from the park entrance), but it was packed with non-residents cars so residents couldn't park and I didn't see a single ticket on a non-resident car during the afternoon.  Why isn't the council enforcing the "no parking on event days" rules in neighbouring streets?  I would have thought at the very least they would have a financial incentive. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service