Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The pub was closed last night and I have heard that Dave and Hazel have left - anybody know why?

Views: 1545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nothing wrong with Crouch End, I like it. But we don't want everywhere to be the same. That's all. So many pubs becoming the same. Great that you can get coffee in pubs, I sometime buy in Wetherspoons, much cheaper than Costa etc. 

Let's all hope it doesn't become a "Beer and Batter" Bar, similar the hideous Gastro-pubs of Stoke Newington and Dalston. These places cater for a certain breed of people, who can only communicate using the latest gadgets, have 1940's quiffs, talk about "media", have ridiculous beards. The pubs always smell of batter too......maybe this is to entice the weirdy beardy's in for an overpriced flat pint and a Ciabatta?

Hands off our Pubs! London has had the soul ripped out of it over the past 10 years! Rant over.

I don't like Crouch End. And I don't want to see art and beards in the OAE either. Slightly more enthusiastic service wouldn't go amiss though..

Beardism?  Surely this breaches the HoL rules?

"White folks" [sic] :(

people then ? I tend to use folks as an expression generally and didn't mean to cause offence. 

Erm.... It was the white bit. This is the most multiethnic bit of Europe, we are black. The human race is actually relatively singular in genes. We are blacks but went walkaround. So, we turned white. Where I came from, you die with black skin, climate geez, it's high mountains. It's a black planet but with degrees of variation/dilution. Bit like crufts.

This is getting surreal...

Oh Jesus, give it a rest, but your wig back on and chill out. No one meant anything (ohhh, dare I say it) racist here, the fact that you seem to think the comment was somewhat sinister says more about you than Ruth quite frankly. Stop it.
But true Abster.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service