Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This week's planning applications list shows that the march of the double-shop 'Turkish' is continuing along Green Lanes. This time Gaziantep are spreading next door and into Wilson's Laundmatic.

Tags for Forum Posts: turkish restaurants in harringay

Views: 4709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!
We're hoping to be open by july.

will look forward to that then. It will be something different along the Lanes 

Is this restuarant busy enough to justify the increase in size?  Or is this a cost saving measure for the launderette to save them going out of business and stay open as a half shop.  Would be nice to have a bit more variety and hopefully Gurdal's new place will do that given the demand for it is evident.

More on Quto's new place here.

Argh-Another one! I have nothing against yummy Turkish food but would like to see some nice organic cafe - breakfast place here too. Just recently moved to area and was disappointed that I have nowhere to go to have a nice Sunday breakfast. Or have I missed some place?

Have you tried Moka?

That looks great Hugh, thanks for the tip. I shall pop in soon.
Would be nice to see places like this in Green Lanes too. :-)

Absolutely. A few have talked about it. I'm in email contact with another person who's interested, but we've yet to see one happen. Judging by the general level of interest it would seem to have a great chance of success.

Excellent news on new venue I know loads of musicians who might be interested and live with an artist who will be too! If you fancy hosting a pop-up I might be interested in that myself! Re all the Turkish restaurants and shops they are what makes this area distinctive and should be the focus of marketing it indeed, they were part of what attracted me to the area in '94. Despite the discussion are not the only things in the area (the growth of eastern European and Balkan shops recently has been quite rapid and there's loads of goodsouth asian food on Turnpike lane) and its immediate neighbouring ones. Rather than constant bellyaching getting out and spending money in other venues might keep them open and encourage simmilar places.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service