Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This week's planning applications list shows that the march of the double-shop 'Turkish' is continuing along Green Lanes. This time Gaziantep are spreading next door and into Wilson's Laundmatic.

Tags for Forum Posts: turkish restaurants in harringay

Views: 4709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still, Muna refused to as well and she managed to stay open for about 5 yrs.

Am I misreading your comment, or is Muna's no longer open?

It's gone! 

must have been a month or more back 

Aw, that's a real shame.  Muna's was great.

I never went there in the end... kept meaning to but now it's gone so that's out. I wonder if she will open some other place? 

We go to Antep (as it is now known) quite a lot and they are lovely in there. However - I am really annoyed about the loss of the launderette. We are getting rid of our tumble dryer to make room for living in and I was counting on being able to nip down to the bottom of the road whenever we had a cothes drying emergency. Bah.

Also annoyed about loss of laundrette, it's so handy if washing machine breaks down but also for the larger items such as duvets which I take round a few times a year. Doesnt seem right that all we are getting is Turkish restaurants and betting shops along the Lanes. Very disappointed indeed. And the women who work there will be losing their jobs. 

There is clearly a lot of money in this Turkish food malarkey and in this age of recession and austerity, these restaurants are bucking the trend. Wonder what is the key to their success and expansion... having a lot of local Turkish people for sure helps but also many non Turkish customers I suppose. I wonder which one will be next to expand and what it will gobble up in the process? 

We have the usual washing facilities at home, but Laundromats are certainly useful if you have a large duvet to clean, or, heaven forbid, your washing machine breaks down, as is not unknown. Save Our Launderettes!

Hope they are careful when they knock the connecting walls through. The Laundamatic building is in a pretty woeful state of repair.

I'm also very sad about loss of Muna's, though didn't go as much as I'd like to. I agree about wanting more variety BUT love the Turkish places and so much prefer to that awful furniture Dogtas place in old Queen's Head (will try to stop griping about that) and the betting shops. Is this for real that one must pay protection money? To whom and against what?

The Launderette is being proposed to be moved to the rear of the shop space and a restaurant is being proposing to move into the front half / corner of Rutland Gardens
all plans can be viewed at

http://alturl.com/sgwsf
Just select the PDF file to view the plan proposals
I would suggest you look at the proposed floor plan to see in more detail

This would make 52 and 53 a one and half restaurant shop and 1/2 a launderette to the rear

The relocated launderette entrance doorway is proposed to the side of the building located in Rutland Gardens which is yet another march of business into residential streets.
The alleyways are for business rubbish storage areas which is what they were designed and built for. It is proposed to remove and develop this space creating issues with waste management to the rear alleyways, (All development in the alleyways creates this issue).
Q: Where will the bins be located for both businesses?

The two applications for the site are

HGY/2012/0888
52-53 Grand Parade N4 1AG
Ali Kosele Alko Group 52-53 Grand Parade London N4 1AG
Display of 2 x internally illuminated fascia signs
Type of Application: ADVERTISEMENT CONSENT

HGY/2012/0889
52 / 53 Grand Parade N4 1AG
Ali Kosele Alko Group 52 Grand Parade London N4 1AG
Installation of new shopfront joining ground floors of Nos 52 and 53 Grand Parade, with partial change of use of
No 53 from sui generis (laundry) to A3 (restaurant)
Type of Application: FULL PLANNING PERMISSION

Don’t forget
As always ANYONE can comment, support or you can OBJECT to any application via the Council Web site just type in or copy and paste the Application Number and you can view the drawings and application details.
See the link below

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...

If you think were losing too many day time ecconony businesses to night time ecconomy businesses you can always object that’s your right as a resident this resturant will be open till 2am you may also think about the residents above and to the side with even more noise litter till 2pm and beyond.

Andy - GRA

Many thanks Andy. This is indeed worrying- good on the one hand to be retaining the laundrette but not as an encroachment into the residential area and clearly issues about waste, noise pollution and the like. I think anyone living near the Green Lanes end of any streets these days have reasons to fear this subtle extension down our streets. The rubbish as well as the noise and just general feeling of the place. Oh dear.. bad news. But as you say we can object. Will it do any good though? I am not a Rutland gardens person but it could happen near me, in fact it already did now I come to think of it as the turning at top of my road was blocked off years ago by restaurant and they built a shisha hut there plus there is a shop there too... 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service