Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I know that this is not in Harringay, but it affects everyone who uses Finsbury Park. You may have noticed that there is a consultation going on about redeveloping the area around Finsbury Park station. The images are of two high towers and loads of new flats including a small proportion of social housing. The consultation document is here:

http://www.islington.gov.uk/publicrecords/library/Planning-and-buil...

If you look closely at the plan, the buildings proposed also appear to take over a considerable part of the park - must be about an acre - which is designated as Metropolitan Open Land and was compulsorily purchased to create Finsbury Park with local ratepayers money back in the 1860's. I hope I am wrong about this but if I am right I think everyone should know about it.

There is always pressure on parks nowadays as the only available space left, and I am against any new building on the park unless it is directly essential for running the park and doesn't take up any more of a footprint of buildings that are there already.

If local people approve of taking over park land for buildings, which I hope they don't, then at the very least the land taken should be paid for at the going rate, and the money put in trust to fund the upkeep of the park, and for nothing else.

What do Finsbury park users think/ know about this?

Hugh Hayes

Views: 181

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting Hugh. See this discussion also. I'll close this one and allow discussion to continue there.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service