Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just seen the banner and my opinion is that its pretty damn crap.

Why?

You still see much of the shoddy paintwork on the bridge.

The banner is all wrinkled.

The overall design is so crap. 

I could go on but I'll give everyone else chance instead.

Oh well. 

Tags for Forum Posts: glsg, harringay banner, harringay bridge

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As usual, instead of wondering, isn't it better to ask?

The bridge is owned by Network Rail, of course.

Just being lazy Alan and thinking out loud.

Dear Gina Adamou, Karen Alexander, David Shmitz.

Would you be so kind as to let me know how much these banners have cost, Paul Simon, Hawes and Curtis and Gokyuzu.

Could you also plese let me know how much it  has costed LBoH?

Could you also please explaine whay LBoH has agreed to the advertising and why you feel the banners have made the bridge prettier.

I look foreward to your responses.

Kind Regards

Tunbridge Wells

Hi Alan. Being very lazy agin but do you know who is supposed to maintain the  bridge and keep it neat and tidy? i assume if Network Rail own the bridge it is their responsibility. Can't the LBoH insist they keep it appropraitely painted and graffiti free?
Ah. I asked this question some time ago.  What right do Haringey Council have to display its advertising on Network Rail property?

TW, by "ask" I had in mind old-fashioned email.

As you've now added some interesting questions about the extent of Network Rail's responsibility and the legal powers of local councils, I suggest you start with Cllr Nilgun Canver the cabinet member with the remit for Environmental Services.  (That Department has a new fancy schmancy name which I've forgotten.)

nilgun.canver@haringey.gov.uk

By all means copy-in the three Harringay Ward councillors using the same format. (Though with the right spelling for David Schmitz.)

P.S. And perhaps add the question John_D asks.

Thank you kind sir. and apologies Mr Schmitz if I have misspelled your name. that'll be me rage.
Lost for words (only these).
They couldn't even be bothered to incorporate the sponsor's logos into a single decent-looking banner. If ever you wanted to know how much civic pride most of our local elected representatives have, here's your answer. That's shameful.
Does this mean I can plaster my own banner across Paul Simon's window, given that I contributed to their income last year? Perhaps dispensing with the banner and resorting directly to spray paint would be more fun...
I think we should set up a harringey paintball club.
Thanks, John D, a truly depressing sight - a daily reminder of how much the Council values our street environment.

"Building a Better Community"

It will be interesting to know how much advertising revenue this raises, but even if it is as much as £500,000 p.a., it doesn't make the visage one jot more appealing.

IMO, it is an eyesore. The council's banner looks like it was designed by a committee, with lots of little bits and pieces to it (if a sign has to go up, surely "Welcome to Harringay Green Lanes" would be enough?)

Is this really Building a Better Community as it claims? Is it suitable for drivers who should be watching the road? Same question for the (ugly) advertising.

Is no common space sacred? Like un-addressed graffiti, this mess suggests that the residents and the local authorities just don't care.

A railway bridge is part of the background urban landscape. If it is noticed at all, it should be in a way that shows civic pride. I'm surprised this has been allowed in a prominent location.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service