Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just seen the banner and my opinion is that its pretty damn crap.

Why?

You still see much of the shoddy paintwork on the bridge.

The banner is all wrinkled.

The overall design is so crap. 

I could go on but I'll give everyone else chance instead.

Oh well. 

Tags for Forum Posts: glsg, harringay banner, harringay bridge

Views: 1377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fat chance TW, they are avoiding this issue like the plague.

While the belief that naked piano legs should be decently dressed in becoming swathes of decorous material to avoid scandal or offence has been disputed as a non-urban myth of early Victorian or antebellum American provenance since Charles Dickens' time at least, surely it is all the more fitting that the decidedly unprepossessing masculine nakedness of an ugly Victorian railway bridge be sheathed in appropriate raiment from the sensitive gaze of our local Councillors of the female persuasion?  I am sure our former Neighbourhood Manager, Dasos Maliotis, was merely doing his best with limited means in his last few months to spare the blushes, or lascivious longings, of those Councillors. Greek or Turkish goddesses were known to fall for stranger monsters than naked railway bridges back in pre-urban mythological times.

Perhaps some the £6.61 daily profit  the banners  bring to Green Lanes be used to wipe the bridge clean of its Retch and Flem? Or a we waiting for an accompaniment of Plop, Piddle, and Bogie before LBoH, GLSG, GRA and TA get the wet wipes out? 

Apologies HOL, Retch is in fact purple not green. It must have been a trick of the light or something. It's still there though in all it's purple beauty.

That bridge is great opportunity for a lovely piece of art, perhaps changing once a year. Which could make a lovely evolving landmark.

As it is though it just looks tatty and soulless.

Things should get better with the regen spend.

Fingers closed there's no crass advertising unless its supporting something amazing.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service