Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That sound check is insane. The Arctic Monkeys are so rubbish. 3 days of it!

Is it just the direction of the wind or is that significantly louder than the Stone Roses?

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise

Views: 11020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone
I spoke to Cllr John Bevan yesterday morning who was on site with officers on Friday checking the noise, litter and safety. The litter situation was also checked the next morning. Your comments will be really important when the stakeholder group meets. I will make sure it's all fed back.

Emine Ibrahim (Cllr Elect - Harringay Ward)

Again it was the provision of toilets that really let them down. I don't see why they should get a license to sell so much beer if they don't provide somewhere for it to go. The local constabulary tweeted a picture of the queues and... it was still daylight. Litter and noise are inevitable, young women peeing in your front garden are not.

Not being provocative - just curious. Who ARE the stakeholders and how were they chosen ?

I'd like to know that too.

Yep, me too. 

I wonder how the new residents of the planned London North luxury apartment blocks overlooking Finsbury Park will feel about concerts? This development was advertised on 2 pages of Evening Standard last night. I guess they will have very good sound insulation and can enjoy ringside seats up there in the air. But that's the future… 

Have a nice peaceful weekend folks !

Hi Emine, it was great to have a large event on the doorstep. I really enjoyed being able to walk to and from an event that was the envy of music fans all over the world. More please!

Oh come on people, it wasn't THAT bad... The police helicopters and police car sirens are way worse most days.

It was only two evenings, and I really can't believe the killjoy attitude you all have.

Personally I don't like football, but I am not bothered by the inconvenience of Arsenal crowds every two weeks and pubs full of drunken fans... I just avoid them - simple.

This petty moaning about a bit of noise is so pathetic.

Go and move to the country if you want peace and quiet and leave everyone else to enjoy themselves.

To be honest, although it is disruptive and I thought the noise levels too high this weekend, I don't mind a couple of concerts a year - I agree that in a crowded city you are going to be subjected to other peoples' tastes/events on occasion.

I just worry that this could be a slippery slope to a summer like the one about ten years ago when we had seven consecutive weekends of concerts, rendering the park all but inaccsessible to locals during the best of the summer weather, and subjecting everyone to an unacceptable level of noise every weekend.

We had an opportunity to comment on the original licensing process, and an opportunity now to comment on the review - let's take it and make sure that the concerts are kept within acceptable levels and properly managed.

I'd rather have to endure the Arctic Monkeys in the park every day of the week and all the crowds, piss and bad behaviour that goes with them until the end of eternity, than one more minute of the inconsiderate selfish bongo players who ruin thousands of local people's enjoyment of their gardens and homes and days out in the park every single week.

I sympathise . The key is surely consideration for others. I believe personally that it is wrong to inflict unwelcome noise on my neighbours just so as I can enjoy myself. I have found it truly shocking that so many of the comments on here reflect the opposite point of view.

Perhaps that's because a lot of posters have a more balanced outlook, and understand they can't have everything to their liking all the time? It's a large, diverse borough, which 1000s pay for. Some of those people like concerts. Some don't. Most people get on with life rather than obsessing about the bits that don't 100% suit them.

Hi Phil, no I don't think so, I am generally quite relaxed, and happy to live and let live.  

Gigs in the park are a diverse attraction, perhaps not enjoyed by everyone (or Mike), and an event that cannot happen without being organised.   By its nature it will produce some sound and traffic.  Are there gigs 365 days a year?  No.  So there's choice, and future opportunity for other things.

The 5-a-side complex [the topic of the thread your stalker-sense picked up on] on the other hand, facilitates an activity that is already possible in the park, and elsewhere in the borough.  Further, putting the permanent 5s-complex in a location already well used by diverse activities, removes choice and variety from most residents for 365 days of the year purely to serve essentially 15-40year old males.     

I'm all for difference of opinion and variety - Mike on the other hand is shocked that not everyone is the same as him.  Who knew?  I know everyone is not the same as me, so I cannot expect parents of toddlers not to put their kids to playgroup, or to not use the schools just because I don't - so I don't know why their wants should trump the expectations of others in the borough who want to attend live events.  

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service