Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

That sound check is insane. The Arctic Monkeys are so rubbish. 3 days of it!

Is it just the direction of the wind or is that significantly louder than the Stone Roses?

Tags for Forum Posts: finsbury park, finsbury park events, noise

Views: 11020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought their eardrums must be bleeding in the park by now - maybe there's some weird inverse relationship between how loud it sounds close up and futher away, as it definitely sounds louder to me than previous concerts.

We stayed in a small town in Italy last year in August - the first night there was a half-decent covers band that went on till after midnight, then three days later a trance rave that reverberated throughout the valley until 2.30. a.m. So we don't have it so bad I guess.

I am somewhat mollified by the 1030 shut off of the music last night. Didn't mind the volume but it did seem to go up and down quite sharply. Anyway its the sodding police helicopter zooming around like a demented mosquito that bugs me! Not sure how cost effective these things are. I mean suppose you disturb the sleep of say 1 in 100 people over a two hour period(not that unusual) then say, it would be easily 10s of thousands of people who have to drive, work, go to school, look after kids the next day. Balance that against what? Chasing someone up an alley or giving info about traffic movement in the middle of the night? Only sayin is all

Phil K posted about the copters. There was a stabbing on West Green Road apparently.

As a resident on Beatrice Road, I'm loving the events at the park.  Not all are to my tastes, but it's handy to be able to walk to and from some big names.  

I get no other benefits from living in the borough that maybe parents with toddlers get (playgroups/schools/health care), so I guess this kind of thing balances it out for all council tax payers who decide to live in central London.  It's not the Cotswolds, why expect it to be?  

Yup - I've lived in this area for 20 years and there has always been big music events in the park. Surely most people moving here were aware of this?  Isn't all the whinging a bit like people buying flats in Soho and then complaining about there being noise in the evenings? 

Was happily listening to the concert last night whilst walking from a pub in Crouch End to the Jam on Green Lanes. Was loudest on Frobisher Rd funnily enough, after wafting over Hewitt hill down onto the Harringay Plains. Met a couple of happy concert goers at the Jam sometime after 11. The pubs in the area must have been packed. Couldn't believe it finished at 10:30! Very responsible licencing terms. Almost quaint :)

By closing at 10.30 that gave all 40000 people a chance to get home before tomorrow. I had the misfortune to hit Finsbury Park station at 10.35 - see my pic.

They would have had to stagger access to the trains, a bit like New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square.  If each train holds around 500 people, say half those places available, someone do those maths. Then people have to get connections, many of them to out of London. I met one couple who were looking for the way back to Lincolnshire....

Did Green Lanes cafes get much of this passing trade? The pubs at Fins Park were crammed.

Manor House at that time was no better. Nor was my subsequent attempt to get on the 259 bus with dozens of dazed looking gig-goers wielding train tickets...

I've lived in the area for 16 years and I know there have been music events in that time. But this is the first time I have heard one. Maybe the volume is ( much ) louder than before or is the stage facing North ?

Yes, the stage faces north, as it always does. It's at the bottom of the slope down by the tennis courts and Finsbury Park gates.

So it's louder

If you want to write a review of the concert theres a link to the guardian 'Comment is Free'.http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/may/24/arctic-monkeys-review-...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service