Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I love to grow sunflowers but this year's crop has been a little disappointing. The few that I grew from seed that survived the seedling stage are quite weedy and not very tall. So I was delighted to see that my fellow Warham street gardener who grows at the Wightman Road end has raised a lovely crop in the old tree pit that he 'looks after' outside his own delightful little corner.

How's your sunflower crop this year?

How about sharing your pictures of sunflowers in street, front or back gardens below.

Tags for Forum Posts: street gardening, sunflowers

Views: 670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw these ones in someones window boxes on Frobisher today, doing really well despite the small container:

Those are great! Inspired to try and grow some in my (over stuffed) window boxes next year. Waiting for a couple in my garden to flower. They're very late.

I manged to get about four out of 20 seedlings planted out before they got devoured by the snails. They grew and grew and were over 6ft tall when they flowered.........then a pesky and stupid squirrel, who did'nt realise that they were not yet seed heads, clambered up each one to investigate and snapped each stem in half!!!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service