Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We retweeted this from Twitter yesterday and will see if we can't get a response from the Council:

Shaun Walsh
Anyone (Haringey Council?) know why we have 2nd night of no street lights on & around cranleigh road

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was curious about this partly because I'm trying to get my head round how the various reporting/commenting tools link up. I don't know whether Haringey Lighting Team will see tweets, or even whether they are allowed to.

Anyway I phoned and was told this street light failure was reported through the Council's website on Saturday 21 January at 6.30 pm. And again today at 1.31 pm. I've asked for an update and will post it here. (I haven't got any time available for Twitter.)

I had a phonecall a few minutes ago, that someone from Haringey Streetlighting team is currently in Cranleigh Road with staff from the Electricity company.

Cheers.

How about Twitter by email (read & write) as a toe in the water? Useful stuff taht you won't find anywhere else is there Alan.

The problem is time, Hugh. There is always more useful and new stuff to find. And a vast quantity of it is piled up on my hard drive. With smaller piles on the desk and by the bedside. The paper holds their folded faces to the floor and every day the paper boy brings more.

A further update at 4.30pm.

"Engineers were on site at Cranleigh Road fixing the lights.  It appears there are burnt out cables which they are repairing so the problem should be rectified by tonight."

I'm sure you've done it, but if not, have you added this on FixMyStreet etc?

looks like it's sorted then, pls ignore!

The credit belongs to the person or people who first reported the lights to Haringey - either through the website or otherwise - and got the Lighting Team into action.

And, Abi, it might have been Fix My Street. Because your suggestion that people add reports to that website is an excellent one for this type of problem.

I take most of the hype associated with Tom Steinberg's websites with a very large pinch of salt. But one thing Fix My Street is at least potentially good at, is when a pattern or cluster of problems is apparent from the map of reports people send in. And when this pattern is then clear to both residents affected and staff tackling the problem.

It's interesting then to look at Fix My Street for reports of the street lights out in Cranleigh Road. I found one report from Andrew Craig at 10.03 today  23 January.

Which raises some questions such as:

* Would seeing this map deter you from adding another report? (They know about it - so I don't need to take action.)  Or perhaps the opposite - get you adding to the pressure on Haringey to get a move on? 

* How long did it take for the Fix My Street report from Andrew Craig to reach Haringey Lighting Team?

* If someone reports a streetlight though Haringey website they are asked to give the nearest house number or the unique ID code on the column. Which is helpful if a single light is out, as it enables the Lighting Team to locate it immediately on their maps. But could also help to illustrate a wider problem - especially if intermittent. 

Dayburner

@shaunewalsh: let there be light...Thanks to #haringey council via Alan via @harringayonline - we've street lights http://j.mp/wVX41F January 23, 2012 at 09:33 PM

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service