Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Around 5pm today, coming back from walk walking from Harringay station, stopped on Wightman Road by Mattison Road by a guy carrying a saw. He asked me the time and I just kept on walking as had a funny gut feeling! He was black and wearing black clothes. Maybe I am just being paranoid?!

Views: 2187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What have you been alerted to Gill?

Sharon - that there was someone near my house who made another person feel uncomfortable. This is called sharing of information.

Alex - you are such a wanker 

It's called scare mongering. The guy asked her the time. Why are you abusing Alex? That gives me a bad vibe.

In all seriousness, it might be something.

Few people these days have wrist watches. So, to tell someone the time you have to whip out your phone. And then, suddenly, he (might) threaten you with his saw.

Just the other day, I got accosted by a guy in Finsbury Park spinning some yarn about some old guy who was sitting on a bench needing to make a phone call, but he did not want to use my phone, he just wanted me to dial the number. He'd seen the headphones you see. Now, thats either a precursor to a snatch attempt or maybe to get me to dial a premium number.

I told him my phone was dead and I was just going home to charge it up and carried on walking. The other trick I use is to say its a PAYG and I have no credit left.

I saw him again walking down Green Lanes and he recognised me and tried again to engage me in conversation, but I said I was on my way to work and could not stop.

You have to think on your feet round here and you also make sure your phone is on lock when you are not using it.

He asked us if we needed our hedge trimming. We do, but we do it ourselves.

I believe he genuinely wanted to know the time. 

That's cleared that up then. Once the (saw) dust has settled I'm hoping some contributors to this thread will take a good long look a themselves.

Is that the older guy trying to earn a few bob from tidying gardens and cutting back hedges? I was really sorry that I had nothing for him to do as he obviously wanted to to earn a little bit and yes he was carrying a smallish saw. I just did not associate him with anything strange apart from thinking that secateurs would have been a better option.

Haven't heard of that one. Always follow your instincts and put your safety and well being first. People are mocking and dissing you, but you are right to be cautious. You never know.
A saw swung at you will make a right mess, if your gut said something was wrong then go with it, better safe than sorry

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service