Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Two-thirds of St Ann's Hospital site is due to be sold for private housing development. With only 14% of homes classed as 'affordable', current proposals take no account of the needs of local people. The community land trust 'StART' (St Ann's Redevelopment Trust) believes that it can do better. We have launched a crowdfunder, and we want you to get involved! Momentum is building; we were recently profiled in The Guardian.

StART's vision is simple: we want to ensure that the St Ann's site is used to benefit the whole community. Our plans are based on community consultation, seeking a far higher level of truly affordable, high quality housing and aiming to promote its fantastic green space. We also seek a development that is sensitive to local residents' health needs.

We have instructed architects to prepare initial plans. We now need to raise £25k to pay for the finished plans to be drawn up. These plans will allow StART to cost the project and put together a bid for the site. To make this happen, StART is fundraising now! Please click here to donate!

As it's a crowdfunder, donations will only be drawn from accounts once the full target has been reached. If you'd prefer, you can also support StART by becoming a member, or simply spreading the word! You can email StART at info@startharingey.co.uk.

Let's do it!

Tags for Forum Posts: housing, land trust, st ann's redevelopment, st anns

Views: 1839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Might I suggest you get details of the council's section 106 for this development if you haven't already.

I suspect that it is early days for that, as there is only outline planning permission at the moment.  If it is available, the StART team doing the financial projections will be all over it.

Hi Geoff

I think this is a great initiative and support StART's aims for the St Ann's site as it is quite clear what we need in Haringey is genuinely affordable, social housing for families.  

Zena 

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, Harringay Ward

Thanks Zena.

Now if we could get each HOL member to pledge a fiver, how much would that be Hugh?

That would be about £55,000

Hmm. 

So half of HOL members pledged the price of a pint of beer or a couple of cups of coffee....

Come on peeps!

I know, Geoff!

We also need affordable, social housing for single people.

I'd quite like to know what the basic nature of the initial plans are going to be...high rise, low rise etc... to be truly "affordable" the development would need to be large scale...are all the usual objectors to large scale developments still going to be complaining even though this is a community led initiative?

Antoinette, use the link I've just given to Adrian below. I think you'll find enough there to answer your question.

So as not to hijack Geoff's thread, I've picked up on your offhand comment about the 'usual objectors' on a new thread.

I've looked at this thread, the START website and the LBH website, but I've not found what the actual disposal process is. Is the site simply up for sale, is there some sort of tender process going on, are there deadlines/criteria to be met? Hornsey Town Hall is coming to the end of a disposal process set up under rules which make it impossible for normal human beings to take part, only megacorp stands a chance. And worse still, the whole process is conducted under strict rules of confidentiality so no-one outside a small group of councillors and officials knows what is going on.  Does the absence of this information mean that START don't know the rules, or have I simply looked in the wrong place?

I've added a new tag beneath the initial thread, Adrian. It will bring you to this list of discussions. I hope you'll find what you need there.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service