Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just heard that it appears that a local Labour CLP has cancelled their all member nomination meeting to be replaced by a GC delegate meeting. This seems like yet another attempt to deny democracy in the Labour Party. Anyone got accurate info on this? I'm away at the moment to can't chase it up.

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I understand from the Tottenham CLP is that as they haven't held their AGM to confirm new General Committee (GC) Members in post, those who were on the GC as at the last AGM will be the ones voting on the nomination. Don't know what the position is with Hornsey and Wood Green though.
I don't think it's some kind of conspiracy (in the Tottenham CLP). More to do with the timing of the AGM.

That's my understanding, too, Michael.  Though the decision by the National Executive Committee to suspend Party meetings until after the Leadership election was criticised as preventing face-to-face meetings which - in Tottenham at least - are usually far more friendly and polite than some the overheated online stuff posted under pseudonyms.
But then that's feature of all sorts of online discussion with anonymous posters.

... and corbyn, Phillip, is denying democracy by not implementing Labour Party Trident vote.

As far as I know, FPR, there was no vote on Trident planned for the all-member meeting. There was though, an informal Party Members' discussion on the issue a few months ago.

You may be on the wrong thread....perhaps you're looking for 'should we murder 100s of thousands of innocent people' thread...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service