Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just to let residents know that the next St Ann's & Harringay Area Forum is on Tuesday 21st January 2014 at 6.30pm at Chestnuts Primary School, Black Boy Lane, N15

More details here:

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=6420

Agenda

- Welcome and updates from the Chair (6.30 – 6.40pm)

o Your Borough, Your Budget – Proposals for 2014/15

o Green Lanes works progress

o Rogue landlord prosecution

- Friends of Chestnuts Park proposals (6.45 - 6.55pm)

- A chance to hear about plans for the park and to enjoy their new film

- Cllr Ejiofor – Cabinet Member for Planning and Enforcement (6.55 – 7.40pm)

o Open Q&A with the Cabinet Member on any issue related to planning and

enforcement

o Regeneration plans for Tottenham over the next 20 years?

What are they? How can you have your say? Hear about the Tottenham Area

Action Plans and specific proposals for Harringay and St. Ann’s

Refreshment break (7.40-7.50pm)

- Local policing and the importance of community engagement and local

accountability (7.50 – 8.35pm)

o An open discussion with the Inspector for St. Ann’s and Harringay and the

Chairs of the 2 local Ward Panels regarding local policing, how the police work

with the community and the importance of community participation.

Part 2

AREA COMMITTEE

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

5. URGENT BUSINESS

4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

5. DEPUTATIONS AND PETITIONS

6. FEEDBACK FROM THE AREA FORUM

7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

....No idea why the meeting is focussing on the Tottenham regeneration plans. There are huge parts of Harringay whose fate is about to be decided. Apparently this meeting is earmarked as the formal consolation event for this. See my post here.

Hi Hugh

The regeneration plans proposed by the Council cover the whole borough. I've asked Joe Ejiofor to come to listen to what people have to say about the proposed plans for the area, (and presumably to defend them) especially for St. Ann's and Harringay. Apologies if you though it meant plans for Tottenham High Road and that part of Tottenham. That was not my intention. But, as you know  Harringay ward and St. Ann's are in Tottenham.

I can only urge you and everyone to come and have your say as this meeting is bound to be regarded  as a formal consultation event and the comments included as part of the audit trail for the public enquiry. I would hope you and other HoL members will see this as first opportunity to have a 'formal' say. 

Zena

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, St. Ann's Ward

Chair, St. Ann's and Harringay Area Forum and Committee.

Glad to hear it Zena. I believed that the meeting was going to focus on Tottenham because your agenda item is entitled "Regeneration plans for Tottenham over the next 20 years?" And if you look at the document there are two large areas referred to as Tottenham - Tottenham Hale (TH) and North Tottenham. As I would have expected, neither of then includes any of Harringay or St Ann's wards. The document uses the catchall term "South of the Borough" to refer to our area which it says "includes St. Ann’s, Seven Sisters Rd, and Harringay". Thank goodness the authors of the report have their geography a little bit more up to scratch than some. 

BTW, I'm encouraging people to attend here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service