Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Dear HOL members

I've just taken over as Chair of the St. Ann’s and Harringay Area Forum and Committee. The first meeting is on Thursday July 5 at Cyprus Kitchen, Green Lanes. The main - topical - item is the new waste management arrangements and roll-out.

As well as taking a look, and talking to residents about this, I’ve been reading your online comments and criticisms. So I hope HoL members will come along to share your views and continue the discussion at the meeting. The Council needs to listen to what people are saying and learn from their experiences, so problems are tackled and the roll-out improves as it extends across the borough.

Like David Browne who chaired the forum last year, I’m keen to experiment with changes in the format of these meetings. On July 5, instead of the usual practice of Council staff presenting slides and answering questions, I wanted a resident to lead the discussion. So I’m very pleased that Liz Ixer has agreed to do this. Liz will be out and about with her camera and will share her pictures and thoughts at the meeting.

Council officers will still be there to respond. And I’m hoping this will be a thoughtful dialogue which focuses on solving problems and trying new ideas. The issue of community engagement and clear communication are clearly fundamental. This is especially important given features in both Harringay and St Ann’s wards, such as the churn of people, and related issues such as Homes in Multiple Occupation.

So please do come along. Click this link for the invitation and agenda on the council website.

If you’d like to be on our email list please do contact helen.chapman@haringey.gov.uk  who will email you with the papers for this meeting and in the future.

Zena Brabazon,

Chair, St. Ann’s and Harringay Area Forum and Committee, Councillor, St. Ann’s Ward

Views: 67

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service