Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It is that time of year and we have our normal fury visitor arriving to munch through our bags of semolina and wheat germ for bread making (how blinkin' middle class does that sound...). Anyway, apart from the inevitable holes in bags of stuff that then needs to be chucked it craps etc everywhere, so we are less enamoured with our visitor than we could be.

Given a cat is no on the agenda, does anyone have any experience with sonic mice repellers at all, indeed, does anyone have one in the back of a cupboard they are not using or do not need? The clever little sod is not going for the traps.

I came down this morning and chased the little sod round the kitchen as it was happily munching in the cupboard I went into. Nice!

Tags for Forum Posts: mice

Views: 1134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boo !

Aww it's rather sweet isn't it?

Hmmmm, after cleaning so many pieces of mouse crap out of my food cupboard,  am slightly less enamoured personally...

Yes it's horrible isn't it? I remember when I had them I was constantly paranoid that I could see them out of the corner of my eye and became totally preoccupied with cunning plans of trapping the little bastards. I'm convinced I only half slept as I was woken up by the slightest little scuttle or scratching noise and used to tuck the bottom of my duvet in because I was worried about them nibbling my toes off while I slept.

The sticky pads do trap the mice but be careful, I awoke one day to dreadful screaming from a mouse stuck to the bottom of my sofa. It seems that the little sod had caught one of his legs on the trap then ran all the way out of the kitchen through the hallway then under the sofa taking the sticky pad (and somehow a pair of tights that had been drying on the radiator) with him into the 1" gap and stuck him to the floor and the bottom of the sofa. It was such a horrid sound and I had to go and get the man next door to come and sort it out. Also be prepared to see other mice eating the stuck ones alive.

I think a cat is a much better solution, personally.

Christ- you paint a rosy picture. If I was only vaguely vegetarian by Pamish's post, I am more so now...

I will keep my assorted hosiery out of the way though, just in case.

I had a similar thing once - a mouse got caught in one of the old snap-traps by it's tail, and the whole thing stuck down the side of the cooker. The mouse was squealing but I had to finish it off with a baseball bat, as couldn't get it out. Hideous!

Because we had some building work done a while back there are loads of holes and runs that I cannot get to behind fitted units, but I have plugged holes up where I can find them. I have one small one where the little beggars were scratting on Thursday. I pushed the wire wool in but they have since pushed it back out. Next step is to get some expanding foam in there too to hold it.

Mean time, I am trying to make one of Pamish's little devices, though I have to admit to resorting to the sticky trap stuff Pamish (I think) said not to use- frankly I have no sympathy, so on advice it worked for a friend, they have gone done short tem!

I mind the sticky traps less if you promise to watch them 24/7 and behead any you catch within minutes. It's the thought of them slowly starving to death while pulling the skin off their feet and bellies that is so disgusting. Even mice.

I've just dug out my two live traps like this if you want a loan.  See if you can beat my 4-mice-in-one-go record.

Not sure I could stomach pulling the skin off their feet and stomach's Pamish. Makes me vaguely vegetarian at the though... Terminate/dispatch them I will! promise!

No they pull their own skin off.

It's gross when you see the that, then the live ones sticking their little faces in and pulling all the entrails out.

Jesus. Enough!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service