Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

It is that time of year and we have our normal fury visitor arriving to munch through our bags of semolina and wheat germ for bread making (how blinkin' middle class does that sound...). Anyway, apart from the inevitable holes in bags of stuff that then needs to be chucked it craps etc everywhere, so we are less enamoured with our visitor than we could be.

Given a cat is no on the agenda, does anyone have any experience with sonic mice repellers at all, indeed, does anyone have one in the back of a cupboard they are not using or do not need? The clever little sod is not going for the traps.

I came down this morning and chased the little sod round the kitchen as it was happily munching in the cupboard I went into. Nice!

Tags for Forum Posts: mice

Views: 1128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Um - piles of poison left out in the open? Children/visiting pets in the house?  Hmmmm.  Also mice like tunnels, especially along room edges. 

Hi Justin

We use two of these electronic repellers - one in the kitchen and one in the girls' room; and are ultra-vigilant about food and crumbs (we only eat in the kitchen or dining room and hoover/sweep after every snack - I kid you not!). We haven't seen a mouse for about four years now (touch wood). They are currently £8 off in homebase http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?...

Cheers Priya- sadly I doubt I can displace my family as you have as to where to eat- They already think I have OCD with all the cleaning and sweeping... I will check out the devices though

Why is a cat not an option? They are amazing.

Can't stand them John! Sadly, especially for our kids.

If you can borrow a nice smelly tom cat for a day he will scent the house for you, that will help. Take the kids to the seaside for the day. Multi-pronged attack needed.

Oh, and given most of the mouse action is in a cupboard, not sure if this would stop our problem...

They rub pheremones from the corners of their mouth on all your furniture which the mice can smell and run a mile from. My kids love their cats.

Yeh! I am just not a big fan of them, I cannot stand animal hair- There. that is the OCD kicking in again!

I had a mouse problem in my old flat. Peanut butter on fresh bread is really good bait. Peppermint oil on cotton wool balls in cupboards will deter mice (but might taint food with peppermint aroma). A cat won't kill mice they just play with them then spread their injured little bleeding bodies around your flat and leave them inside your shoes to die a slow painful death. They do act as a deterrent though, as the mice can smell them. Can you maybe borrow one to lay his scent down once in a while? You can also get hairless cats but they will give you nightmares.

Paimish said that too, not a bad idea- I have friends with cats, might have to give it a go.

Ohhh....... This conversation makes me shiver! We had problems with mice a few years ago. One of the things we did (which was extremely tedious and time consuming) was to block every hole in every room. Mice can squeeze through any hole you can get a pencil through. Don't forget under the sink and round the bath where the pipes are. We are now also using sonic mice deterrents, one in the bedroom and in the living room. Don't want to tempt fate but......

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service