Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Our Sainsbur'y local has been selling wine that's actually water!
It seems hard up people wanting a tipple are 'shop putting'...placing empty wine bottles filled with water back on shelves and stealing a full Sainsbury's bottle.
My friend was charged for a bottle of wine that Sainsbury's don't even stock and when she opened it was water. Sainsburys change it and gave her a refund and said it was the second bottle that day. Some one had 'shop put' some baby food too. So be vigiliant.

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This doesn't make sense.

how does in not make sense?

Persons are filling empty wine bottles with water and walking into shops  and swapping them for full bottle, whats not to understand? Security probably think they have bought wine from somewhere else when they walk in with the other bottle. It definatley happened because the wine was opened at my house and it was definatley water!

Just wondering if your friend has teenagers in the house because I remember filling my dad's brandy bottle up with cold tea so he wouldn't know I'd drank it tiil long after the event. :)

ha ha no, no kids and she bought it in the shop and came over, bloody sneaky of who ever is doing it...

I don't understand this either.

If Sainsburys don't stock the wine, how did it go through the till when your friend bought it?
They sold the wine to her.
It was Jacobs Creek. I agree it's odd but that's what happened. Possibly one of the staff doing the bottle swaps?

Oh well, if its Jacobs Creek how could one tell the difference?  Indeed the local aboriginal name for Jacob's Creek was Cowieaurita = yellowish brown water, or piss.  It would take more than the powers of the miracle worker at Cana in Galilee to change Jacobs Creek into wine.

Beware of 'wine into water' incidents.

I served a lovely cherry vodka, brought from a holiday in Poland, to visiting friends. The taste was not quite as I remembered though oddly familiar, sort of Ribena-ish. In fact it was 100% Ribena with a lingering cherry aroma! Kids!!! Luckily they survived into adulthood.

No trickery from any kids, just a water in a wine bottle. 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service