Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've had enough of the filth on the corner of Seymour and Green Lanes (I don't mean Zams but that's not too flash either). Its three things: fly tipping every morning around the little tree; idiots deliberately feeding pigeons; and, most of all, people urinating on the electrical boxes (mostly, but not exclusively, blokes).

I've spoken, nicely, to some of the culprits but you can imagine the responses.

What can I do? Would the council erect some signs if I could show evidence over time to demonstrate the problem or would I be wasting my time asking?

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This needs to be reported to Geraldo, the Street Enforcement officer for Harringay Ward, Geraldo.Eghan@haringey.gov.uk and if you have any idea about where it is coming from let him know.
Not just here, it seems :-

I've reported it, would be great if others would too.
Yep, me too.
Got a call back from Geraldo this afternoon, next steap is to leaflet the surrounding properties with leaflets in various languages warning them not to dump rubbish here. He said that's helped before.
He'll also request a sign to stop the person leaving hald a loaf of bread for the rats, cockroaches and the pigeons.

Fingers crossed!
Katy, this also happens at the bottom of Falkland Rd, outside lots of flats/apartments, whatever one calls them. The occupiers aren't given wheelie bins as far as I know.
Mmmmm - nice. I am going to go out armed with a fire extinguisher from now on and hose down the offenders.
How can we get a CCTV camera set up on this corner?
Oh yeah, that'll work. Not.
There was a police car parked on Seymour this morning (totally unrelated I am sure), just past where the worst of the litter usually is - the vicinity looked strangely neat and tidy!
It did look nice last night too, bar the one black bag now placed right outside the suspected offenders' gate. Can't the council just give these people a bin for the front bit?
Well that's what I thought (and have suggested to them) - fingers crossed

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service