Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Has anyone some expertise about power saving from devices — motion sensors? — which automatically switch-off lights when there's no activity in a room?

I can see the point of installing them, when I see office buildings at night blazing with light at times when it seems unlikely people are still working - though of course, the cleaners may be. On the other hand there are places like libraries where putting in these systems is frankly bonkers. It's essential for public confidence and basic safety purposes that such public spaces are well-lit and enable overlooking.

I thought about the question yesterday at a meeting in Haringey Civic Centre. Seven people sitting talking and leaning over a map wasn't enough to stop the lights constantly going out. So we needed to walk around and flap our arms.

Does the frequent switching on and off even save any energy?

Tags for Forum Posts: crime and safety, energy saving, going green, power saving, safety

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We've got motion sensors on the lights at work and as I'm usually the first one in I have to jump up and down and wave my arms every few minutes to keep the lights on - usually to the amusement of the people who live in the block of flats opposite.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service