Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just got a letter in the post telling me that our local Santander branch is closing at the end of June. 

For anyone who banks in person or runs a business, this coupled with the impending closure Post Office is going to be a real blow 

Views: 3046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Gordon

Mine is a slightly different letter and does not have the 'offending' paragraph.

Much appreciated and yes a real irony,

At least that solves the bus stop issue

Perhaps the ATM can be altered to dispense a piping hot doner kebab.

Unwanted bread and salad ?

"I think Banks and by implication the Post Office are facing rising costs and a lot of their business is now conducted online.  They are closing scaling back their high street operations.  "

So you think their costs are going up and that's the only reason they're scaling back? They were privatised and since then it's been nothing but scale back. If I miss a package I have to go to Kentish Town to get it now.

The banks are in a bind because of their business model. They create money by magicing it into your account with a few key presses and then charge you interest on it (you see it as a loan). The interest is very, very low now so yes, pressure.

Royal Mail (deliveries) - privatised. 

Post Office Counters - not.  Yet.   But running a similar business model.

The post office in Wood Green has moved to the back of Whsmiths. Very clever idea by smiths I thought.

Once it moves there will be no advantage to me continuing to have a Santander current account and I will be moving my account to a bank that offers greater rewards. \\\have been thinking of doing so for a while, but now I have no reason not to.

The bum that lives in the doorway will be ecstatic. Now he won't have to make and clear out his bed before 9 am.

Such sympathy. It's almost like you don't ever think "there but for the grace of god go I".

Maybe you should.

What rewards did the branch offer? I haven't set foot in a bank branch in years. Bank branches will go the way of Blockbuster, with a few sprinkled around high streets functioning as a form of showroom. That's it and frankly good riddance - if the costs they cut end up in their recapitalisation and are eventually being passed on to consumers (which they should) it's a change for the better.

I pay off my credit card with a cheque. If people can get nostalgic about gasholders, I have the right to use paper

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service