Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tonight's Labour Party shortlisting results, as far as is known.

(See update#3 for previous votes.)

Bounds Green

Ali Demirci and Joanna Christophides triggered. Clare Bull not standing.

Harringay

Gina Adamou and Zena Brabazon re-selected. Emine Ibrahim is the third Harringay councillor and has been selected for Noel Park ward for 2018.

Peter Chalk, Sarah James and Maria Jennings, shortlisted candidates, all are anti HDV.

Hornsey

Adam Jogee re-selected. Jennifer Mann triggered. Elin Weston re-selected after reballot due to tie.

St Ann’s

Noah Tucker re-selected.  Barbara Blake triggered. Ali Gul Ozbek stood down.

Julie Davies, Tom Peters and Mike Hakata shortlisted

Stroud Green

Kirsten Hearn re-selected. Raj Sahota and Tim Gallagher have stood down.

Shani. Eldridge and Frank Daniels shortlisted.

So all these wards will have selection meetings next week, and the remaining five will be shortlisting.

Here's tonight's map.

Tags for Forum Posts: 2017, Labour, selections

Views: 2524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger, I'm aware that you're new to the site. Please take note that we don't allow personal insults on HoL. I'd appreciate it if you could moderate your style to be one closer to debate and not one of confrontation. 

Any posts that don't meet with our terms and conditions in the future are liable to being edited or deleted.

HoL, please, what insult? Classless, Alan himself agrees, look at his comment.
If you said that to him in the pub and this was a conversation we were all having... I presume one of us would step in and ask you politely to tone it down.
I notice you didn’t respond to my issues with the HDV. Omelette and eggs is it?

Apologies for not responding earlier, John. I'd stopped following.

For me, the purpose of these threads about the Labour candidate selections is to share information about the selection process and, if relevant the responses of candidates. (So for example, interesting to hear that Cllr Stephen Mann wrote what people saw as a gracious letter.) But when these threads start dwindling away into comments by people who seem to know next to nothing, I stop following.

Talk to you on a new thread after the next tranche of candidates is selected.

The activity page etc is being managed as usual by Ser Hugh to keep us all well behaved, no surprise you missed it.

The only thing 'classless' Roger was your question that you believe to be so potent, that being " What would you do to build more homes if you were in Clares shoes ?"

The question omits the ' class' question, more homes for which class Roger ? The class who's homes are to be demolished is overtly clear and requires no examination, it's the working class homes which are to be demolished. Do you dispute that ?

Not just the working class people who presently live in them but the homes that those working class people presently in emergency accommodation dream of moving in to.

So then the homes that are to replace these ones, once they had been demolished would need to be Council housing or the Working class tenants and those waiting to get in to them won't be able to live in them. If they were to replace 1 for 1 for my class but build more for Middle/Upper class tenants in order to make it profitable for the developer then I would not have spent a day of the last 4 years fighting it. Unfortunately , despite Clare, Alan etc allowing people to believe this or something like it , it has never had an ounce of truth in it.

The Working class homes are to be demolished and replaced with Middle Class homes. The right of return we heard so much about was always a lie, it was written in to the agreement that only one direction was accommodated in the HDV. 

Having been involved for years in the campaign I can safely challenge you to produce the figures of Council Housing to be built post the demolition of the present Council Housing on those sites? 

The answer is zero So the answer to the question you posed, once you make it no longer classless but instead from a Working class perspective, is if Clare did absolutely nothing the result would be massively superior for my class. 

As I've said, do the HDV. Guarantee tenants the right to return. Do it in such a way that you don't actually need to send them out of the borough while you rebuild their homes. Address the concerns of the Scrutiny Committee. Don't use Lendlease, they've shown that they're dodgy already with the boozing and faux tender process.

Yes exactly Billy. If you want a good local example... Start

Having been involved for years in the campaign I can safely challenge you to produce the figures of Council Housing to be built post the demolition of the present Council Housing on those sites? 

The answer is zero 

We can discuss the mythical right of return when someone has challenged it
For the third time this is my question,

The answer is zero 

John, simply busy as I said. The use of the word classless, was on reflection a mistake, it's certainly acted as a red rag to some.

Re: your concerns:

The MIPIM trips don't look great & were quite possibly not the wisest move. In this sort of development, it's never enough to act with proprietary, you have to be seen to act with it as well.

Lendlease, whilst I hold no particular candle for them - I think they behaved poorly re:Aylesbury, I think to say that the tendering was fake is going a tad far. The OJEU process is well established and LBH would surely be getting challenged by the other tenderers in court, if it was as fake as you say?

This is a genuine question, so don't think I'm trolling, but where online is the contract between Lendlease & Haringey? My experience of public sector procurements is that this would remain commercial in confidence until signed?

I completely agree actually that right to return should be implemented, but & this is only my opinion, I strongly doubt that there would be much difference in the way that selections have been conducted, nor do I think that the inclusion of that would make the calls to stop the HDV cease.

re: the consultation - that's opinion, not fact & it's certainly true that misinformation has been spread - for example equally anecdotally, StopHDV have been telling residents that they will be decanted to Birmingham - read Sarah Hayward's very recent experience of door knocking.

The other tenderers were ALSO clients of Terrapin/Peter Bingle. I don't mind them going to MIPIM actually, as much as I mind them being wined and dined by a suitor during a negotiation. Not very classy and certainly not allowed in my firm.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service