Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We're all pleased with the improvememts that have come from the recent work on Harringay's high street. In fact some peope are so pleased they've suggested they'd like to do more. 

Well folks, now you get a chance. The new round of Mayor's funding has been thrown open to any community group. 

Boris' blurb says "Successful projects will create vibrant, attractive places that underpin good growth and they will address the interrelated challenges of accommodating new homes on London’s high streets, while nurturing businesses and enhancing civic life".

There is over £285,000 available in this round of the High Street Fund for community-led projects. Instruction on how to access funding are provided on the Mayor's website here.

If you fancy making a pitch, crowdunders Spacehive ar runnig a marketing pitch to help you make a successful bid and help you raise a further £20,000.

They are running a crowdfunding workshop for projects intending to apply for the High Street Fund. The workshop is being held at  City Hall on the 20th of May.

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The eligibility criteria says

Your organisation must be able to enter into legal contracts or must partner with one that can. We prefer that all proposals come from partnerships and have the local authority’s endorsement. However, only bids over £20,000 must have the agreement of a local authority to act as the accountable body.

As it's public money I would imagine that, quite rightly, there will be a fair bit of checking on spend and then on whether it did what it set out to achieve. Might be easier to partner up with an organisation that understands that kind of process.

Yes not one for us, I think. Better to partner with an RA, a Friends of group or some such. I think the point is, if there's a will, there's probably a way.

It could be a great idea, but would need someone to put real time into it. If you're chomping at the bit, why not pop in and have a word with Rob in Tao Sports and see if you guys can cook somethig up between you.

I second you on the point about the bridge and the immediate vicinity. We need a gateway to the community that not only celebrates the local area but also provides decent lighting to promote better community safety. 

It struck me at last weeks In House festival how an artistic creative community exists entirely separate to the rest of the area. We all live in our respective silos. It would in my mind be good to utilise that creative energy. Just look at the area on the corner of Eade Rd and Seven Sisters used by In House for music and exhibitions. A bit of creative vision and a good few palettes turned a dusty corner into a functioning space. 

Pav, I too like the new signage but please leave the peeling paintwork. I know I'm in a minority of one , but i like the contrast between the two and I find it rather romantic. Silly I know but there you go.

Well you could call it shabby chic I suppose if you are really pushing the overuse of that trend.

Artwork and lighting at Hackney Central:

http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2012/12/new-art-work-breaths-life-...

Ha ha! I had a project elsewhere where I looked at improvements to an undercroft area of a bridge so have a load of precedent images on file. I don't think it takes much to change perception of a bridge from scruffy infrastructure to smart gateway. 

And something from Haringey Arts:

Very appropriate for Green Lanes with the pile of kebab vomit on the left lower corner

Think it would go well with your flaky paint aesthetic.

Bridge undercroft lighting was part of the original plan. I'm not sure what became of it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service