Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

My rubbish has not been collected this morning eventhough my neighbours ones has.

Is there a number I can call to complain to the council and get my rubbish bin emptied?

Tags for Forum Posts: new recycling bins, veolia, veolia missed collections

Views: 923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Mr. Ozlem, pls e-mail me at nilgun.canver@haringey.gov.uk your address and tel no. I'll look into this as the relevant Cabinet Member. pls also state whether your property is a multiple occupation. If you live in the Ladder pls note that in a few HMOs recycle bins were contaminated. they will be collected by a different vehicle separately and engagement officers will visit the property. Many thanks.

You may want to have a look at this one Nilgun. It's in your ward. Alan has asked the poster to contact the St Ann's councillors.

Sounds like its exactly the kind of problem with multiple households discussed a while back and for which I understood there was an action plan being put into operation to tackle (see original post above Helen's posting on the HMO). We would welcome some figures about how that plan is going in terms of properties tackled and outcomes achieved so far.

Maybe at the next Area Forum?

Hi Liz, I have already reported that and NAT officer John Forde is doing land research on the properties in question. The HMO action plan is working but slowly. That's why in the new year we'll have a better developed enforcement policy in particular for landlords.

Hello Nilgun,

I have sent an email to you.

I'm sure you're not the only one in this situation Bulent. My food recycling collection was missed last week. I reported it was promised it would be collected within 24 hours. It never was. Now my collection has been missed again today. Great time of year to have two weeks' worth of food rotting in your front garden.

Veolia's performance seems to be going very much in the wrong direction. It's not clear to me how Haringey manage their performance. If nothing's improving, surely its the contact manager we should look to for a solution. What have they done? 

Now here's another piece of the jigsaw which I didn't even know was missing.

To discover the date of our Christmas/ New Year waste collections I looked at the handy page on the Veolia website where you type in your postcode. As I posted earlier, it told me that ours was on Thursday 27 December.

Ah. But no. On Haringey's website the "Opening Hours for the Festive Season" show the changed times. Not running late but as planned. And the correct date for us is indeed Saturday 29 December.

So apologies for getting this wrong before. And if, like us, you were wondering then please check.  The link in full is: http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/xmas.htm#refuse_and_recycling 

Same information here - with a smiling woman, a party hat, an Xmas pud and two bottles of wine. I knew there'd be free pudding to go with the free parking.

Sadly mine was just missed - twice.

Wow! Bulent. Congratulations! Your brief discussion has made it to the Guinness Book of Records. Your rubbish bin (or was it "contaminated recycling bin") was not collected and you are inundated by a tsunami of Ten (10) Councillor responses, including a double Cabinet response and three site Moderator interventions (one from a poorly woman on her sickbed!). Bet you won't complain about a missed bin again for a while! You have brought the entire Council machine and the Cabinet Government system to a grinding halt twixt Christmas and New Year, while pushing our Moderators beyond the call of duty. Not even Harringay's New Year blizzards and impassible and ungritted rung roads, when we're all up to our arses in frozen slush, will have such an overwhelmingly competitive response from our First Responders.  Bloody Veolia! They wouldn't get away with this slovenliness in Israel's illegal settlements. Hanging's too good for them. Guillotine's the man!

Yeap, looks that way.

Anyway, did you enjoy your magnum 50?

I've now reported this to Veolia's "village manager" for Harringay and St. Ann's Wards.

Once again, anyone with a similar problem is welcome to contact me via this website, at david.schmitz@haringey.gov.uk at david.schmitz@haringeylibdems.org or on 07854 002742.

David Schmitz

Lib Dem Councillor for Harringay Ward.

Thank you for your call this morning Mr. Schmitz.

I will update you on Monday as promised. Hopefully they collect it, but I doubt it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service