Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Anyone got feedback on new place?

Tags for Forum Posts: brouhaha

Views: 4141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been in a couple of times now. I'd like to congratulate the guys because it feels like a real buzzy place past 7pm. Last night (Thursday) was great. Camden Ales and Redemption are about the best you can get locally - really nice if kept well!

Really like the music as just feels buzzy and upbeat. classy house and funk tracks i think.

I have noticed  a few of the 'professional drinker' types (see Old Ale Emporium) hanging about outside while fagging it which isn't a great advert for the place. Also the smoke wafts inside so you can smell it quite a lot. I hope they can sort that one out.

Glad they've sorted the initial cloudy beer issue but the beer prices are still high enough to make the already expensive Sailsbury seem like a good alternative for a lower-income customer.

Maybe some sort of segregation policy to keep the working class out?

The bar is definitely new. Someone designed the bar top and it looks great! And with regards to the cloudy beer.. It's the very first time they have used the barrels, pumps.. Give them a chance! It's not exactly what they want it to be yet but they are working towards it. It takes time to give a place it's character. It's a great addition to Green Lanes and shouldn't be compared to the Sailsbury as it's not the same sort of pub, traditional and established. It's a fresh fun place to drink! Just what Haringey needs. (Apparently and open mic night on Tuesday night - exciting! )Go Brou Ha Ha!
We need somewhere that charges £4.25 for the (4.6 %) house lager? Well I suppose it'll keep the place nice and exclusive..
I think they're doing a great job. On the subject of looks, I would say it is neither totally new nor exactly the same. They've made it look very different but have reused a lot of what they inherited from the Gladder and made better use of the space, which is surely to be applauded?

People on window tables resting their lit fags on the railing so that technically they fag is not inside the premises.

This has to stop and until then, I'm out.

Absolutely, you're exercising your freedom to drink elsewhere. Well done Richard.
It's ok for a locals place. Still has a strong air of the Garden Ladder about it, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Music was far too loud far too early on Friday night. But it is at least somewhere to go out round here without having to make too much of an effort to go out. Nice to see proper lighting in the ladies loo.

I still don't get that - to me it has a very different vibe and feels much more lively and trendier than the GL did, and I think it's much more of an evening place. One prob the GL had was I think that many people just saw it as a Sunday lunch place, whereas Brouhaha is somewhere we'll stop off on after a meal or as more of a night spot. 

Maybe just personal perception then. I never would've gone to the Garden Ladder daytimes or Sunday lunch. Was always a stop off for one on the way home from somewhere else kind of place for us, or Friday night after work boozing. Was in on Friday night and saw much of the same crowd as always, with the addition of a few younger faces and some studenty types. Anyway, I like it! Missing the garden and the "drawer" though!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service