Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This photo was taken on Saturday at Wood Green of Arriva's HV64 working the 141.

A little quiz. Anyone know the reason why this vehicle has been repainted in this colour scheme?

Tags for Forum Posts: Arriva, London Transport, Public Transport, RM664, Route 141, Routemaster, The Silver Lady, The White Lady, WLT 664, Wood Green

Views: 1949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually I cheated and used Google... Fascinating stuff - especially the link to the Piccadilly Line carriages.

Me too! 

And maybe I meant White Lady The!

The bus started out with the name Silver Lady, but London's atmosphere caused the aluminum to oxidise and the bus became whiter and whiter and at the end, more of a grey-white. That's where the name White Lady comes from I think. The same happened to the 1959 Piccadilly tube Stock, the 1962 Central tube stock, as well as the A60 Metropolitan stock, which was eventually painted in the late 80s.

The White Lady aka The Silver Lady RM664 at Victoria Garage (GM) shows the effects the weather had on aluminum buses.

Bus Route 127 was a victim of the Victoria Line. It was cut back to run from Edmonton to Warren Street in 1968 when the Victoria Line opened and was completely withdrawn in January 1970.

With my dealings with Arriva London (they've supplied GOBLIN rail replacement buses for quite a while now), I can confirm that there are an awful lot of bus spotters in the organisation!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service