Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I saw this in the Evening Standard the other day. An artist is painting London bridges with old rail signage. It's great.

Imagine this on Harringay Green Lanes bridge. Would it get 'tagged' by some complete bell within a week?

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/arts/a-film-set-artist-is-tran...

Tags for Forum Posts: harringay bridge

Views: 718

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed Hugh - broken windows is in my humble opinion very much at the heart of the majority of the antisocial behaviour that plagues the borough...

I would totally back the repainting of the bridge. That artists' work looks terrific and the point about it being the gateway to the borough is very apt.

PS: I've also just noticed (through a clumsy Google maps transition) that apparently money is spent on the upkeep of Camden Bridge.

If you look at this Street View Pic from 2012, there's grafitti. by the next picture in date order, the graifitti is gone.

I wonder if Network Rail or Camden BID pays for it? 

It should be noted that this bridge serves part of the same network as Harringay Bridge.

That's interesting. However it is in Camden Borough so maybe they have a council that actually cares about these things.

Haringey Council seems to have a very 'can't do' attitude. 

(And before anyone says it, this was way before 'the cuts'!)

The latest lot of graffiti did seem to appear when the station was closed for when the track was being done.

When is the power due to come on? Personally I would invite all the taggers down and then turn on the power!

This would be lovely - as long as we can decide the appropriate title. 

Any ideas about how we could get the ball rolling on this? 

Green Lanes Harringay Traders Association Street. 

Update. 

Found this article and have contacted the guy at Network rail

mentioned. 

https://insidecroydon.com/2018/08/07/network-rail-looking-for-signs...

Seems to be quite South London focussed but we’ll see if he replies. 

Thanks POTUS - will contact them if it’s a possibility 

A quick tour on Google Maps, suggests that ours is the most neglected bridge on the GOBLIN Line.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service