Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hornsey’s Labour candidates for the local elections in May 2014, Adam Jogee, Jennifer Mann and Dr Elin Weston have called a public meeting on Thursday November 7th to discuss the future of Hornsey High Street.

The plans to develop the Hornsey depot site are going before the Council’s planning committee shortly, with a public development forum scheduled for November 26th.

Councillor Alan Strickland, Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Housing on Haringey Council, will be attending the meeting on November 7th to hear the views of local residents, answer any questions and ensure that local people have every opportunity to have their say before the Development Forum meeting on November 26th.

Latest plans for the Hornsey Depot will be on display at the meeting.

The meeting will be held at St Mary’s School, Rectory Gardens, N8 on Thursday November 7th 2013 from 7pm.

http://www.haringeylabour.org.uk/2013/10/public-meeting-future-of-h...

Remember - the council public consultation as part of the Planning process is at Greig City Academy on Tuesday 26th November at 7pm

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=270227

You will have to decide for yourself whether this meeting is a, perhaps rather belated. attempt to give local people a voice or the start of next year's election campaign. Either way, it does perhaps give an opportunity for local people to air their views to the party with the reigns of power locally. 

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh titter - nit to be outdone the Lib Dems have a meeting on the same issue. Lynne Featherstone writes:

I’d like to invite you to a public meeting I'm organising on the future of the Hornsey Depot site on Hornsey High Street. It’s taking place on Friday 15th November at 6:30pm, at Grieg City Academy, entrance via Hillfield Avenue.

You will be aware that a planning application has been submitted by developers St James and Sainsbury's. They plan to demolish the existing structures (including the old baths building) on the depot site to make way for a supermarket, car park, over 400 flats and a gym.

Hornsey High Street has been neglected for too long and is vital that any development is beneficial to the local area. But, I believe this will only happen if local people have their say to improve and inform the plans.

I’m concerned by the lack of accessible information on the development, and that local people are finding it hard to get a full understanding of the implications of what is planned. As the host community, we should have the chance to talk about the issue, share thoughts, express concerns and ask questions.

That’s why I’m holding this meeting – to bring together local retailers, residents and councillors for a proper discussion. This is your meeting, so if you have any questions or suggestions for the agenda, please let me know by emailing lynne@lynnefeatherstone.org.

You can look at the full application here: http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/Applica...   

Friday 15th November at 6:30pm, at Grieg City Academy, entrance via Hillfield Avenue.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service