Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Political Parties Posting on HoL in the Run-up to Local Elections

This year I haven't had the same amount of time to give to the local elections as I did in 2010. So it'l be DIY. A couple of the local parties have already asked me what they can post on HoL. Here's where I think I'm at:

1. Each party may add one forum post outlining their policies and answering questions from others on HoL. Following the initial post, any additional comment candidates from that party want to make should be made as comments to the party thread. Harringay has three wards. There will be one thread per party to cover all wards.

2. No party representative or prospective councillor may comment on the other parties' threads. 

Tags for Forum Posts: 2014 elections

Views: 2657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was wandering, what with the time spent on amateur semantics and armchair psychology how on earth lydia is finding time to work on her grammar manifesto *and* the local election?

"How...is Lydia finding time...?"

Well Sharon, seeing as the election process is in many ways a sort of job interview, you - my future bosses - might have an interest in seeing how well I multitask. 

Lydia Rivlin: Conservative candidate for Harringay ward.

"what with the time spent on amateur semantics and armchair psychology.."

I have to take issue with you on this, Sharon. 

As a writer and a graduate in English AND in Psychology, my approach to the two disciplines is anything but amateur or armchair.  I am a professional in both.

(btw, you did mean "wondering" rather than "wandering" didn't you?)

Hahaha! Lydia! This is what I mean, you spend a lot of time wandering and wondering yourself! I've heard you nic -pic a lot and try to run people down over this and that but have heard very little about your campaign. Remember, some of the people here on HOL, like myself are ordinary voters. Some of whom have not quite made up their minds yet. Feel free to spell check. You seem to have plenty of time.

"you spend a lot of time wandering and wondering.."

It was you doing the wandering Sharon, not me.

If you are still wondering whom to vote for, good for you -- closed minds are the death of democracy.

"have heard very little about your campaign"

but I think by now you know a lot about my character.

That said, you are right, it is about time some hard promises surfaced on HoL.  I am working on setting out my manifesto right now, in between some fun with you and Seema of course.  The forum should be posted within the next couple of days.

:-)))

Sharon and Seema, now look what you've been and gone and done with your teasing wordplay!

Rivia was Drivlin' away to everyone's heart's content and now you've stirred her into diverting energies into a personal Lydifesto

"Hard promises"  no less. And within hours. No doubt exposing the meringue-light promises in the Koberfesto; and fluff under the wardrobe promises of that LibDem bloke who points at potholes.

Great fun. If only it was Live at the Apollo instead of real life in Haringey.

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor 1998-2014. Departure Lounge)

Thanks Hugh, Has anyone done a virtual surgery on HoL? I thought that might shed light on how we might each deal with real issues facing residents.

Apologies Seema for my misunderstanding. But I will not take back my comment of Haringey Labour being unacceptably rude on twitter. 

And thanks for clarifying that you are Secretary for Haringey Labour but if you have a position like that or any political position anywhere, you should not be posting such ignorant comments like the following:

https://twitter.com/SeemaChandwani/status/463808323641278464

Perhaps you could have read the following before posting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Declaration_of_Independence

I also think it is inappropriate for Haringey Labour to be posting pictures with children in campaigning:

https://twitter.com/AJogee/status/463430849586008064/photo/1

Now, you cannot say that other parties are doing that too since the local Lib Dems, local Greens and local Conservatives etc. have not been including children in photos. And giving them the Labour sticker is inappropriate too as you are influencing children to support a party from a young age.

My parents influenced me to follow politics from a young age but NEVER encouraged me to support their political views or anyone in particular's political views.

Very disappointing of Haringey Labour once again 

Dear Jerry

Your "example" of MY post on MY Twitter not related to local politics, persons or issues is none of your concern nor related to the subject of your concern.

However, if you scroll down both on that Tweet and to Aug 2013, you would see I asked the same question about Pakistan "independence" day. Both Israel and Pakistan did not exist during British rule. Therefore, these are birthdays or creation days. "Independence" is actually a different thing. 

That is MY view and I am happy with it. You calling it "ignorant" is interesting but not relevant to my life. 

In regards to the children in the picture: They appear to be with their mother who is also posing. If you look into children's law and media consent, you would see that it is perfectly legal to post pics of kids as long as you have the consent of their parents. 

It is not for me nor you to judge how parents raise their children, as long as it is safe and legal.

I am not sure whatelse me and you need to discuss.

• I accept your apology.
  • I respect your democratic right to have a dislike for the political party I am a member of.
  • I am flattered at the attention you are giving me. 
  • But most importantly, even though I don't agree with your methods, I am happy you are taking an interest in politics and are (i hope) exercising your right to vote on May 22nd.

I hope you had a fantastic day and the rest of the week fills you with joy. 

Regards

S

PS: Are you interested in having a "Vote Labour" board for your front garden? ;) 

Hahaha! :-)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service