Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...... three separate people have been though mine and my neighbours bins today .... been noticing this has been on the increase lately in general. Anyone else noticed this ? How can we stop it happening ..? Everyone make sure you don't put any confid docs in your bins !!!!!!

Tags for Forum Posts: theft from dustbins

Views: 2867

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yuck, that is truly disgusting!

Oh Cara, I'm so sorry, I think that might have been me.

PMSL!

Must have been traumatic to be shouted at and you already sick.

Are you French and a student @John? If not, you must have had someone else's bin...

He had a girlfriend with him too. We've all done it - one too many swigs of 20/20 behind the One Stop and a dodgy kebab, bumpy tube ride home and the need to hurl en route...but you do it in a gutter, you don't stumble up a step, into someone's garden and do it in a box on their doorstep. Just like you don't go rummaging in their rubbish.

I know Haringey have opened up the scope of what's recyclable, but I think that's pushing it

I'm at home in the daytime and see this happen A LOT! I was recently really upset to see that my charity bag for collection had been rummaged through and thought - ah well someone obviously needed it and I guess it went to charity of some kind... only to find the clothes dumped in a mucky puddle half way down my street. So upsetting. On another occasion my bin had been rummaged through and all my bin bag were torn and left on my front garden. My bin is full of baby nappies so it was really disgusting for the people going through it and for me trying to clean it all up. I would love to know if there's someone who I could call every time I see this happen on the street. 

Usually just taking the picture is enough. I have taken pictures of plenty of people I've seen trawling very slowly up and down the streets in vans looking in front gardens and they get the hint.

Ah, so I get accused of encouraging 'hate crime' by talking about shouting at people to get out of my bin, but it's OK to act like the paparazzi and take photos of people without their permission ?!

I am joking by the way, just mimicking the ridiculous turns this discussion is taking.

Yeah, I did  that and the bleeding hearts were up in arms..

If, as apparently often happens, someone takes stuff from your bin and then dumps it in the street as worthless, wouldn't  you then be liable for prosecution if the dumped items can be traced back to you ?

And if you stop to help someone in a traffic accident it has probably been faked and they are just going to steal your car...

I really fail to understand the controversy around this.  I want to have a say in who comes on to my property and I don't want univited people entering and having a root around.  For those people who don't mind that happening - fine.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service