Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Hello .....wondering if anyone can help

At this junction traffic can only turn left or continue straight onto Warham Road.

On Monday December 14th there was a diverted traffic arrow sign at the bottom of Warham Road instructing drivers at the lights on Salisbury Road to take a right turn onto Green Lanes.

On this day I was intending to continue straight up Warham Road, however I followed the diversion sign. Two weeks later I received a PCN. Now I’ve had my initial challenge rejected.

Did this happen to anyone else and have you by any chance got a photo of the sign. Without a photo of the sign I think I might as well pay the fine as it’s my word against the Council’s. 

Views: 1871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Also, do not expect that the guys digging the road up on Wightman actually had the permission to do so on that day, it may be they just went ahead and did it, this is a part of some significant gas work that has been going on for some time up there.

There is already a spreadsheet on the "what do they know" website which detailed all the PCNs issued over a one year period using CCTV which you can filter by camera location and contravention code which you can use as a point of comparison:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/use_of_cctv_to_issue_pcns_by...
If, as was said before, if you can show a number of PCNs were issued on that date I think you'd have a strong case.
And for the record I think this is a perfectly legitimate use of FOI and the database of PCNs is very easily interrogated. Just a matter of running the right report.

Sorry I have only just seen this and I do have a picture of the sign saying 'road closed ahead', 'diversion' and pointing towards the right. But I took the picture on the 7th December so not the same day as your fine. 

I took the picture thinking I might get a fine so I wanted proof that I had been following the road signs, I haven't had anything through yet but I think they have about 6 months to issue fines? 

Thanks Julie, would you be able to upload the photo or email it to me? 

Hi Julie, I've now realised that the contravention took place on 7 December and not the 14th as previously thought, so it would be really helpful to get a copy of the photo that you took on the 7th if possible.

The following response from my FOI request is helpful:

There were 24 Contraventions recorded for the 7th December 2015 and as previously advised there were no contraventions recorded for the 11th January 201.

This alone is good evidence that something was going on that day however my case would be stronger with the photo.

And remember there's a whole year's worth of stats to compare it to on the "what do they know" link above....
So sorry I've only just seen this. I will try to upload it now - I hope it's not too late!
Attachments:
I took this picture on my iPhone and it's stored in date order under 7th Dec. If you need an emailed copy of the image, which I assume will have a date in the file details, then send me a connection request and I can email it to you.

That's great thanks. It might help to have the dated file on email - i'll send you a connection request.

The time and date is already there, embedded in the ExIf data - 07/12/2015 – 14:54

Thanks

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service