Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Diary Date. With luck we will be holding a Play Street event on Pemberton on Sunday the 22nd Sept between 2-5pm. The council are supporting the event and we have still to have the Road Closure order confirmed, but with a fair wind behind us this should go ahead.

This follows other similar successful events held previously on Clarendon and Avondale roads recently.

Play Street is a scheme designed to allow for the closure of road (for 3 hours) every month and allow our kids to play freely, in safety, with no through traffic allowed onto the roads which will be marshalled.

Please do come along and bring your kids!

Tags for Forum Posts: play street

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds fab! Will Hugo be running the bar 

Given the age of the clientele he might not want to risk his licence...

Boo!!

this is a great idea, are there to be organised activities/events or is the idea that it is just a free for all and the kids can get on with whatever it is they want to do in an empty street like football, frisbee, bike riding, skateboarding, kiss chase, marbles (yeah i know, showing my age) etc etc??

Hi. We hope that it will be relatively free play. There was a good suggestion that we bring things for the kids to pay with and to a degree let them get on with it- I think we want to avoid over organising things too much. That said we might have a couple of things organised- we have had an offer of a puppet show!

The plan is to see how it works and develop form there, we hope to have 11 more through the year.

Please note the comment above about the change of start date to the 20th October (Sunday 2-5pm)

Sorry- see the new post to make sure folks see it- http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/amended-pemberton-play-...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service