Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Received late Friday, regarding the meeting on Monday.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that the meeting of the St. Ann’s and Harringay Area Forum and Committee scheduled to take place on Monday 6th October has been postponed and will be held in early November. I will write to you again in the near future to inform you of the new date once it has been fixed.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Regards,

Oliver Craxton

Principal Committee Coordinator

Views: 545

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or it could be because there is hastily scheduled special licensing committee at the same time to consider an application by the Metropolitan Police Service to review premises licence.
No, I just looked at the committee calendar. As the premises in question seems to be a centre of a mini crime wave it may be that many of them want to be there. I dunno.
Why is it utter tripe?
It's publically available on the Harrngey website

Who did you hear from? I'll be willing to connect with them in confidence to understand more about what this person apparently said to you.

Right now as you launch your latest attack, Phil, you're gossiping. This is serious enough to be beyond tittle-tattle. If someone has truly been feeding you these wee titbits, then for any of us to take it seriously, tell us who, or take me up on my offer and I'll connect with them in confidence. 

There's no suggestion of compulsion nor of my seeking to be the arbiter of truth. I am however a seeker of truth and propriety in the way discussions are run on this website, particularly where reputations are concerned. You were gossiping; I was seeking to help turn that gossip into something more useful.

I don't understand the need for all the cloak and dagger in the first place. A councillor told you there was a meeting. No one's going to get strung up for doing that, are they?

Insulting title edited in line with our house rules.

I WON'T comment on the claim that local Councillors show disdain for the Community they represent.

However, I will note that Full Council meetings – with press, public and webcast – are now in any event infrequent.

So infrequent that, owing to the sad and untimely death of Cllr. Pat Egan, the first Full Council meeting since the election in May – i.e. dealing with normal council business and subject to questions (and answers) in the ordinary way – may not now take place until 24 November 2014:

Six months after the election.

Clive Carter
Liberal Democrat Cllr.

To whom it may concern

I, too, was somewhat put out to hear so late from Mr Craxton, Principal Committee Coordinator, about this postponement sine die, sine causa. My response on Friday 3rd inst.:

'Mr Craxton,

Why has the SA&HAF&C been postponed - and for a whole month? Did somebody forget to write up the Previous Minutes or type up an Agenda? Or did the Principal Committee Coordinator fail to co-ordinate the Committee?

Or has the area been hit by Ebola or by a nuclear weapon?

Nothing short of that should disturb the seasonal meeting of the SA&HAF&C. How shall we live our lives for the rest of the month?

Regards,

F811 etc. '

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service