Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Views: 1152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Drug dealing has no place in our communities. It attracts anti-social behaviour and blights neighbourhoods."

Anyone, apart from FPR, who disagrees with this ?

And the associated violence it brings with it....or are we all conveniently forgetting the shooting on Ducketts Common recently.....http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/shooting-at-turnpike-la...

this was more recently associated (21st october 2016) with the drug dealing outside Turnpike Lane, a turf war, that was spreading away from the conspicuous dealing.  I'm glad the police finally puled their finger out, about time. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/hooded-gunman-pulls-out-pistol...

It seems unlikely that much of that associated violence was associated with some lads with 20 bags of weed. I suspect there's been some easy arrests and a nice headline without really tackling the big problem.

So, what is the big problem and how would you tackle it ?

So, tell your MP to lead the move to legalise it.

Have you told your MP ?

What did they say ?

They usually say that voters like you are the reason it's still illegal ;)

You mean voters like FPR ?

Or me ?

You may recall that at the community meeting with the police at which David Lammy was present, of the hundred-odd residents who attended, NOT ONE suggested that the sale of cannabis should be legalised.

From CNN:
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people," former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman told Harper's writer Dan Baum for the April cover story published Tuesday.
"You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."
Ehrlichman's comment is the first time the war on drugs has been plainly characterized as a political assault designed to help Nixon win, and keep, the White House.

Answer please. Have you told your MP to lead the move to legalise cannabis ?

What did they say ?

I actually believe we should legalise cannabis, but the rules we have now are the rules we have now. I don't want to walk past people openly dealing drugs on the street. It's intimidating. I also don't want my young niece in her school uniform to be offered drugs in exchange for a blow job. It's not the effect of the drugs that's the issue, its the crimanility and anti-social behaviour it brings. And doing nothing while we wait for better drugs laws doesn't solve that problem.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service