Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Whether you're eating in the restaurant or taking something back home, believe it or not for just £6.99, you can eat all this....and then carry on and eat more!

OK is just near the bottom of my road, almost opposite The Salisbury. So I walk by regularly. Over the six months or so since it opened business seems to have built steadily. So my curiosity piqued, recently I've been in and tried the food a couple times. The main draw at lunch time seems to be the regularly changing all you can eat buffet. For just £6.99*  you can have a tasty and healthy meal. With no limits on how much you can eat, that seems like pretty decent value to me. 

Some HoLsters have been adding their penneth-worth too. Descrbing the daily changing buffet, Sally wrote, "There are three lines of delicious buffet food offered including chicken and lamb, rice and pasta and lots of vegetables, including a better choice of meze than is usually available on Green Lanes. Anna said simply, "The food is fantastic".

The restaurant is run by Hakkan (right) and Ibrahim (left). Certainly worth a try.

If you fancy something other than a buffet, Ibrahim will be happy to griddle a steak for you.

*Price corrected 30th Sept

Views: 6374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you know what time they stop serving the lunch buffet, liz?
Hi Sharon
Start from 12.00 to 22.00
I hope it is helpful for you
Thanks Hakan, that's the 5.99 deal, yeah?

Hallelujah - may niceness break out all over!

:-)

The ad is in the column on the right. This is a post about the restaurant. I've been writing this sort of post since 2007. I do them less than I used to but still from time to time. 

I checked out the buffet for lunch today - good place for a quick lunch with a lot of variety.

Also worth mentioning the price has gone up to £6.99.

Holds breath, hopes the massive price increase doesn't trigger yet another round of HoL snarkiness..... 

Can't say I blame them. Continuing to sell at £5.99 cannot make for long-term commercial well-being. All the same, I still can't think of better value than all you can eat at £6.99.

Don't overlook the set menu either - Everything I have tried was really well cooked and tasty.

And free access to the salad buffet is a good bonus as well

(Note from Site Admin: This branch of the thread was started by a poster who has since left the website and chosen to delete their comments on exit. Some comments have also been deleted by Site Admin. These were ones which no longer make sense without the context provided by the now deleted comments. The deleted comments were about the economics of serving buffet food). 

As far as I understand the restaurant industry, gross margins are 60-70%, ie. £6.99 buys you about £1.75 worth of ingredients.

I can't see how you're getting anything questionable quality meat but I'd be happily proven wrong.

It is cheap but so are most of the meals in the other Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes. Bulky foods like bulghar wheat, fresh made breads and massive salads are Fresh, inexpensive and filling.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service