Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This weekend sees buildings all over London, many not normally open to the public, throw open their doors to the general public for Open House London. 

There are 26 places open in Haringey this year including the medieval All Hallows Church (behind Bruce Castle museum) which will be open 2 – 5pm on Sunday only, the Tower and Churchyard of St Mary's Hornsey and a walk through Muswell Hill. Details of all the places open  in the borough can be found on the Open House website.

As part of the Open House weekend, Bruce Castle Museum will be running tours beginning at 1.30pm and are every half hour until 4pm (maximum 20 per tour; children must be accompanied).

There is an additional event on Saturday at the museum that begins slightly earlier than the tours at 12.15pm -1.15pm
How To Find Home
A talk by the artist Rosalind Davis, on Art & Architecture, Existence and Reparation
The Coleraine Gallery, Bruce Castle Museum

Rosalind Davis discusses her exhibition To The Light and gives an overview of her work from the past eight years, reflecting on the socio-political aspects of urban developments, in particular the failings of social housing. She considers the disintegration of buildings and a desire to re-configure acts of destruction into creative possibilities.

Art @ The Tower,

Saturday and Sunday 1 – 5pm in the Round Tudor Tower

An exhibition of artwork by local artists from Art2View Tottenham. All sales of artwork will be donated to the Friends of Bruce Castle to support the Family Activities programme.

Organised by the Tottenham Civic Society

WALK: Tottenham High Road: Spurs and rebuilding after the riots

Meet Sunday 11am in car park in front of Sainsbury’s 867-869 High Road, Tottenham, N17 8EY

Walk lasts approximately 1.5hrs.

Tower Gardens Garden Suburb - Sunday 10am – 4pm

Self-guided exterior tour of the estate. Pick up guide from 5 Tower Gardens, N17 7PX

Tags for Forum Posts: open house

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a very interesting blog about Tower Gardens on the excellent Municipal Dreams site: http://municipaldreams.wordpress.com/2013/07/16/the-white-hart-lane...

All Hallows' church is amazing, its one the oldest churches in London.

I really wanted to go inside All Hallows but its opening times clash with the New River Festival in FP so I'm going to have to wait for next year. I loved poking around in the churchyard, even if you have to watch where you put your feet :)

my husband and I are volunteering at 1 Lancaster Road, N4 4PJ on Sunday afternoon - come and say hello! :)

I shall be guding at Muswell Hill Odeon on Sunday, 10-1, do come and have a look around.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service